Is that it? Will we never see each other again?

This illustrates why it is important to clean up all loose ends before entering NC.

Now you're worrying and waiting for her to contact you. If you had cleared it up earlier you wouldn't be worrying about it now.

If she does ask you about your stuff then I would simply reply that you don't want it and she can throw it out. Otherwise your limbo of wondering when she will next contact you, will continue.

• Author

Update, the message came through last night asking if she can drop my stuff off over the weekend. I simply replied, its bits I don't need so throw away and explained that I will be deleting her number etc and she won't hear from me again.

Feels good.

EveryWomanJ2911

I'm sorry things had to end so abruptly on such a sour note with this person. Maybe now that you have made your decision to end it and not mend it, its a good time to evaluate what you are looking for in a relationship, and how to heal so that you can be aware of what your five "must haves" are and your five "can't stands" are for a solid relationship in the future. In other words, what are your requirements for a mate, and what are your deal breakers. Generally, you will waste less time with a person who is not on the same page with you in your relationship goals if you have these lists. You can usually find out in just a couple of interactions/coffee dates with a potential partner by broaching issues like relationship commitment, life goals, and personal values/beliefs from the get go. And then go forward only if you both are synced. This is not to say that you are looking for a perfect person, which is impossible, but a person you connect with on the levels that count most to you, and vice versa.

I had tried the dating scene for several years and ended up with heartaches similar to this one, where no one was happy and there were mixed signals. So, when I found someone I was interested in with my similar beliefs and values, I got to know them better over a few meetings wherein we discussed the "majors of life" to see if we were on the same page. After a month, we discussed things and decided to take things forward. We were married within six months and have been married over ten years. We're best friends and we have been through a lot, but we have been very happy with our choice, and how we cut through the junk to get to where we both wanted to be relationally. Not something that is easy to do in this world of laissez-faire, a la carte dating. I wish you the best and hope you find a solid relationship in the future. :)

~Blessings and Peace Friend!