Getting things started?

Almostaman

I met this girl a couple weeks ago, who I absolutly adore. Just when I thought things were going pretty well, she tells me that she is not ready for a serious relationship, being that she just broke up with her boyfriend of a year-and-a-half, and said she just wanted to be friends for now. I feel like there is still potential here, but I don't want to force her into anything that will make her uncomfortable. Someone please tell me how do I "keep my foot in the door" so that I can start a relationship with her when she is ready?

Stay in touch with her every now and then. Hang out with her, grab some lunch, watch a movie, or other things that friends do. This way she'll have a chance to get to know you better, to trust you, and to enjoy herself around you.

A word of caution though, you don't want to become her "nice guy friend" that will always be a friend and nothing more. So while you should be nice and all, don't be TOO nice, don't try to kiss her butt. Don't always hang out with her, don't always call her. Let her make the effort to talk to you. If she KNOWS she can catch you easily, she's not going to want to. So let her chase you.

But most of all, don't miss out on other opportunities while sitting around waiting for her. Don't do that! It may not happen! And you will just end up being single your whole life. If you see or meet another girl that you're interested in, go for it!