online dating

I just recently met this girl online through a dating service. We are both in our late 20s. We seem to have many similar interests and we have emailed each other a few times.

I'm thinking about asking her to meet for coffee. Should I do this or should I wait longer?

I don't want to scare her off, but meeting each other will tell a lot and I don't want to waste each other's time if we already know it's not going to work out for us.

What do you all think??

Thanks.

Yes, invite her to meet you...in a public place...as soon as she feels comfortable doing so. As a matter of fact, if she won't meet you in person within two or three weeks of meeting online, write her off. Online relationships are NOT fulfilling...at least not even a fraction of what in person relationships are.

Your only problem may be that she doesn't drink coffee. Give her the option of having Coke or water.

Yep. Ask her to meet you. The ultiamte purpose of any dating service is to assist you in finding someone to have a real live relationship with. Why put it off?

You should meet soon.

Wanting to meet soon should not scare her off, as it's a dating service to meet people, and that's what you are supposed to be doing. She may have reservations about meeting a man she has never met, but if you keep the meeting safe, short, and in a public place, that should put her at ease.

Meet now, because you don't want to start fantasizing about how compatible you are, thinking you have a connection, then meeting and realizing you are not attracted.

Meet now so you don't put the cart before the horse in reagrd to your feelings/ expectations.

Good luck.

I have a friend who's strategy is to invite the women he has met online to meet at Dunkin' Doughnuts for a first date.

Basically the idea is to suggest a safe, populated, nonthreatening place and you won't have any worries about being rejected.

Go for it!!

Oliver

Have you ever had their French Cruellers??? They are to die for...and even better when they're hot. I'll meet anybody at Drunken Donuts ANYTIME!!! Great idea....oh, I meant Dunkin' Donuts, sorry.