When my boyfriend and I are alone, I don't feel uncomfortable kissing him, or getting close, but even holding hands feels wierd (a bit) in front of other people... So I kind of feel like I have a split personality or something with him. When others are around, we do little more than sit near each other and are completely on the friendship level, but when we're alone we kiss all the time and have much more of a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. Do a lot of relationships follow this pattern? It seems that a lot of boyfriend/girlfriends in high school at least (I haven't started college yet) are always all over each other, even in public, but it just feels wrong for me, like it's really no one's business. Should I feel differently? I'm not exactly sure how common this "problem" is.

HeartlessBastard

Thank God you don't feel differently. I hate seeing two people incessantly slobbering all over each other.

You're completely normal.

I think some people kind if shy away from public affection but really I don't see a problem. I wouldn't go around with my tongue down my g/f throat in public but holding hands or a kiss on the lips is no big deal. If you don't like it then I would do what feels comfortable to you but I don't think you are in the norm.

Bless your heart. Obnoxious PDA's (EXCEPT in airports, where one person is either leaving for a while or coming back after a while) make me want to throw up.

I only notice PDA's after a break-up.

That's when it seems the whole world is doing it, except me :( .....

Personally, I do not like PDA whether I am doing it or I see someone do it. Holdong hands or pecking is okay but A LOT of people take it to the extreme!!!!!!

A Fly onThe Wall

The older you get the less you do .. I will say though that stealing a half hour in the back of a movie theater every now and then still revs me up.. and so does necking in a car

Originally posted by A Fly onThe Wall

The older you get the less you do .. I will say though that stealing a half hour in the back of a movie theater every now and then still revs me up.. and so does necking in a car

I do miss the theater action :p

whichwayisup

Went to see Mars Attack during the day when it first came out. What a stupid movie!!! Anyway, there was a couple of high school kids going at it 2 rows infront of us...I watched them for abit, helped pass the time as the movie SUCKED!!!

Let's say there was some serious head action going on too! :laugh:

PDA's makes me wanna yell, "Get a f**k'n room or strip down and just put on a show for everybody!" :laugh:

I kind of am in the same situation. Since the guy I'm seeing doesn't live close by we've only had the chance to be around each other a few times. When we're alone he likes to have his arm around me, hugs, kiss etc. Unfortunately there hasn't been much in the PDA area, granted one time we were staying at his parents and another time we were in the company of his ex-gf so needless to say it was too awkward lol.

I guess I would just give it some time, maybe you're just a little shy and feel uncomfortable being affectionate in person at this point in time.

SuperFantastico

I'm not much into PDA's. Makes me wanna puke when others do it. Although it could be the fact that im single.

RecordProducer
Originally posted by whichwayisup

Mars Attack - What a stupid movie!!! :laugh:

That is one of my favorite movies ever! :D

I also love PDA. The more the better. The nughtier the more exciting... ;)