What can I even do?

PinkDotsXOXO

Thank you everyone in advance for all of your help! I met my friend who I'll call "Mason" through a mutual friend in June of 2015 and she suggested that we would be perfect for each other. In the end it didn't work out but we became best friends. Mason will go out of his way for me. He picks me up and offers to drive, bought me 3 monsters randomly just because he knows I love them, bought me black lights for Christmas, gave me his car charger mine broke and gave me a light that changes colors that I really liked etc. He is one of the most caring and nicest guys I have ever met. We go to parties together and places just the two of us and people always think we are dating until we correct them. Through it all I have really fallen for him and I would love to be with him. The big problem is he is dating a good friend of mine. Mason met my friend "Tabitha" on vacation last year and we met up with her again this year on vacation. When I saw tabitha she asked me how things were going with mason and I told her that it didn't work out but I have always had an on and off thing for him and I wasent sure how I felt. Fast forward a few days and mason told me he liked tabitha and he isn't normally the type she goes for and wanting my friends to be happy I hooked them up and they are now dating. I don't know what to do anymore. I need to kill my feelings for mason but I have no idea how to go about it. He's one of my best friends if not my best friend and I don't wanna cut him out or lose him :( please help! Mason is 29 and I am 27. Tabitha is 28. Ps: he says he think of me like a sister but not sure if he is saying this bc he's dating tabitha. He always gives me great advice and doesn't wanna see me hurt.

Well, isn't it interesting how Tabitha played that. Acting like she wanted you two to get together was probably just a device to give her an excuse to get closer to Mason herself. My old roommate used to do that. Then, when some interaction started, before it got too serious, she'd whisper in his ear and again use me for an excuse to have secret talks with the guy and ultimately just take him over. Now, it's possible Tabitha is innocent in this, but I somehow doubt it. And thing is, since she knew him first, in her mind, she will always be justified because of that. "You wouldn't even know him if I hadn't introduced you." So in the future, don't take Tabitha's bait and keep your guys away from her, just in case. Can't hurt anything and it might avert another disaster.

It also makes her look unpossessive, which is usually attractive to guys who are skittish.

• Author

Hey thanks for your reply but I actually knew mason before tabitha. I intoduced them when we rented a house for vacation and invited them both. Tabitha didn't like mason initially, I had to convince her to date him bc I wanted them to be happy :/