***Is This an Issue???***

Dis

Definitely keep dating him and see how it goes.

I don't really see red flags regarding the past relationships.

I do find it odd that he is talking so much about them, before even meeting, and then on a first date. Personally it's a topic I avoid on first dates.

Yes, why are you all discussing a relationship that ended in his early 20's? Is there nothing else to talk about than his prior experiences?

• Author
Are you having sex or just talking sexually?

There's nothing wrong with that inherently. Yet I do think there's a certain timeline for these kinds of things (in a long term, committed relationship) and right up front is not generally it.

It's true that in the Venn diagram of men who want a relationship and men who want sex, the circles overlap a great deal. However, I also think that there's a tacit implication when men say they're looking for a committed relationship, and that's that they'll take some nookie along the way if they can find it. You don't know him well enough yet to know his true intentions for you specifically.

Let your inner voice guide you here. If you think it's not a good idea, curb the sex talk.

Great advice

We're not having sex. We did a few things last night but not oral or sex

And yup I was worried about the timeline too, already having this type of sexual tension so early on...I know every dating relationship is different I just didnt expect this to happen so early on. We've only had 3 dates

The Venn diagram makes sense, men are sexual beings so even if they do want a relationship they still want some sexual interaction too. The same could be said for some women

You're right that I dont know for sure whats going on in his mind. He's said a lot about his intentions that are backed up by his actions but who knows

Its good to hear theres nothing wrong with talking about sex, I wasnt sure if that was true or not....I do think I need to cut down on the teasing but it happens so naturally with him...it'll be difficult. We connected so well emotionally/mentally before all the sexual talk...I'm kind of afraid we wont have that same connection now...I dont know...overthinking

Ilovepizzalady

I think what she meant was that even if a man is looking for a committed relationship, if sex falls in his lap along the way (with a woman who he isn't interested in committing to), he will take that also.

• Author
I think what she meant was that even if a man is looking for a committed relationship, if sex falls in his lap along the way (with a woman who he isn't interested in committing to), he will take that also.

If you want to put a negative spin on it then, ya duh. Thats how a lot of guys roll. I just wouldnt be one of the women that would give it to them without commitment

Edited by Disillusionment373
  • 3 weeks later...

Sounds good to me so far.

As someone who recently went through a stalking issue and my xBF did nothing, I really like that he bought you mace. It's the sort of thing I wish my ex would have done to be protective.