HELP!!!!

Stephanie

Hello all.

I have a big problem that I need help with. I have a boyfriend that I have been with for the last 2 and 1/2 years. He is sweet, bright, fun, and loveable My problem is that he is 24 years old and he is upset because he hasn't finished college yet (I have) and he lives at home with his parents. This isn't a big deal to me beause I know he will be rid of this soon enough. To him though, it is a HUGE deal. He is very upse about this and has begun to believe that he will never amount to anything and wo't have the lifhe is dreaming of. My belief is that he is still young and I know that if he keeps dreaming and working hard, anything is possible.

I guess my real question is what to do. i do my best to be suportive, but I feel like it isn't enough. I love him so much and I just want him to be happy and I want him to believe in our future. Any advice is GREATKy appreciated.

Thanks for your time and effort in helping me.

Very Sincerely,

Steph

• 3 weeks later...

Gosh, Steph, you shouldn't take so much responsibility for your boyfriends emotional/psychological battles. He is the only one that can take responsibility for himself. Don't get me wrong, you should be supportive, and that IS enough. He will be the one to finish the degree, he will be the one to be happy with himself. You can't do either for him. And this is better left alone. It will not be the last difficult time he will face in his life. You are both so young. Learn to go through it with him, but allow him to do his own growing in the experience. Hope this helps.

Hello all. I have a big problem that I need help with. I have a boyfriend that I have been with for the last 2 and 1/2 years. He is sweet, bright, fun, and loveable My problem is that he is 24 years old and he is upset because he hasn't finished college yet (I have) and he lives at home with his parents. This isn't a big deal to me beause I know he will be rid of this soon enough. To him though, it is a HUGE deal. He is very upse about this and has begun to believe that he will never amount to anything and wo't have the lifhe is dreaming of. My belief is that he is still young and I know that if he keeps dreaming and working hard, anything is possible. I guess my real question is what to do. i do my best to be suportive, but I feel like it isn't enough. I love him so much and I just want him to be happy and I want him to believe in our future. Any advice is GREATKy appreciated. Thanks for your time and effort in helping me. Very Sincerely, Steph