Question!!!!!!!!

Why are guys such afraid of COMMITTMENT?????? My friend has been dating this guy for awhile now, there are no strings attached the can see other people, but she is really confused cause she really likes this guy, and she knows he really likes her, but once there close and everything is going well, he backs away. He made a comment to her the other day, saying that he dont think people should be tied down, he has enough problems. What does that mean???? I keep on telling her that he does like her and is just afraid of gettting hurt again.

I'm a girl, and i know exactly how that guy feels! Commitment is good when u'r ready for it. I'm young, and it scared ##### out of me when my bf mentions marriage or engagement... I do love him, but just like that guy says - i'm too young to be tied down ...

I think all people should go for committment once they're READY ... u need some mindless fun b4 that =-)

Good luck.

Tell your friend to just have fun with it!!

It's great - she has a bf AND she has her freedom !

I think in her case, I dont think marriage is the issue, I cant even say that he is her boyfriend, I mean they talk all the time, but hardly sees her. I just dont think he wants a girlfriend cause he was in a long term relationship for 7 years, and I guess hes having fun just doing as he pleases

I'm a girl, and i know exactly how that guy feels! Commitment is good when u'r ready for it. I'm young, and it scared ##### out of me when my bf mentions marriage or engagement... I do love him, but just like that guy says - i'm too young to be tied down ... I think all people should go for committment once they're READY ... u need some mindless fun b4 that =-) Good luck. Tell your friend to just have fun with it!!

It's great - she has a bf AND she has her freedom !

Well - maybe she should talk to him less so that he wants to see her more ... =)

If she wants a committed bf, this obviously isn't the guy to ask it from ... if she wants casual-type of relationship(s) - there we go, got one going already ...

Maybe the problem is that they talk so much & he's so sure she wants him that he doesn't feel he needs to woo her?

Good luck again ...

So what should I tell her to do, he use to call her all the time, and now she is doing all the calling, not as much but if she doesnt hear from him, shell call him. I told her not to call him, and see what he does, but she wont do it. By the way, Thanks for the advice

Well - maybe she should talk to him less so that he wants to see her more ... =) If she wants a committed bf, this obviously isn't the guy to ask it from ... if she wants casual-type of relationship(s) - there we go, got one going already ... Maybe the problem is that they talk so much & he's so sure she wants him that he doesn't feel he needs to woo her? Good luck again ...

Well, your friend needs to make a choice. If she really likes this guy and wants to continue seeing him, she needs to realize she is never really going to have a committed relationship with him from the sounds of it. If she wants a committed relationship, she needs to go elsewhere. It is obvious to me from what you have written that this guy has no interest in getting seriously involved anytime soon. He is obviously happy with the way things are so it is your friend who needs to make the choice to stay or leave based on what she is looking for. She may be hanging in there hoping for more eventually but there is no guarantee it will ever happen. It sounds like her boyfriend has spelled it out for her.

Why are guys such afraid of COMMITTMENT?????? My friend has been dating this guy for awhile now, there are no strings attached the can see other people, but she is really confused cause she really likes this guy, and she knows he really likes her, but once there close and everything is going well, he backs away. He made a comment to her the other day, saying that he dont think people should be tied down, he has enough problems. What does that mean???? I keep on telling her that he does like her and is just afraid of gettting hurt again.

she sounds too hung up on him to me ... she shd stop calling, get a life, and have some other guy-friends ...

i can see why the guy isn't too interested ... i wdn't be either, if i were him!...

good luck to u & to her ... =)