A ? about the army

future G.I.

future G.I.

Sorry if my post sounds stupid but i hope somebody could respond. I'm planning to join the army, the problem is that i always sleep in the nude because it is more comfortable for me i understand i won't be able to do this in basic training but what about when i start to live in the barracks. One guy told me that he used to sleep naked but the other told me that is not allowed.Sorry if it doesn't make sense but if someone knows about this rule can you please tell me about it. I don't feel comfortable talking about this to a recruiter or he might think i'm a freak.

I suggest you telephone an Army recruiter, dial *67 first so your number will not appear on caller ID, and ask this question. However, recruiters don't always give correct or straight answers so you can't rely 100 percent on the response.

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) does not specifically address this matter, although it is a breach of military law to expose your genitals in any place outside designated shower areas at a military installation or on military air or sea craft. If you have a private room at your ultimate duty station, you won't have a problem. Otherwise, I don't think you will be allowed.

If you are in critical need of the answer to this question, telephone the office of your Congressman (he has a local number in your town) and ask his staff to get you the answer. You can rely on them.

This may possibly be a policy matter that could vary from command to command. Therefore, there may be no definite Army policy concerning this. I do think you would be subjected to ridicule and harassment if others in your unit found out you were sleeping without clothes.

My advice to you is that you get used to sleeping in at least your underwear...or maybe even pajamas. I don't think this will be difficult to do.

If there's a sudden attack, you may not have time to slip on clothes and you may find yourself fighting the enemy in the buff.