Feelings for a friend

Sometimes I see a picture of a friend of mine on Facebook and I'll be in love. I dream about him. When we hang out (in a group), I'm not interested and he's kinda boring. Like I wonder why we are even friends. Then the next day somone will post pictures of the day before and the feelings return. I don't get it.

Sounds like he is physically attractive but too boring and uninteresting to maintain the attraction. I have certainly dated someone who was not only very handsome but had everything going for him -- except his personality was just very reserved and he didn't have much to talk about. I can't get excited on looks alone. I mean, I can enjoy looking at them but it all breaks down if they're not a good personality type for me. And that's as it should be. Just proves looks aren't really the most important thing. They're just all you initially have to go on.

• Author
Sounds like he is physically attractive but too boring and uninteresting to maintain the attraction. I have certainly dated someone who was not only very handsome but had everything going for him -- except his personality was just very reserved and he didn't have much to talk about. I can't get excited on looks alone. I mean, I can enjoy looking at them but it all breaks down if they're not a good personality type for me. And that's as it should be. Just proves looks aren't really the most important thing. They're just all you initially have to go on.
Thanks for the reply. Do you think it's weird that I right away lose all interest when we meet in person? I mean why doesn't it matter that he's attractive then at least a bit? Also how come I am turned of so fast, only to fall in 'love' again the next day from a photo? It's so silly and it's been like two years now.

It's like the Florence Nightingale effect instead of being in hospital your online. But in person you loose all interest the fancy is all over. This can even happen in a crush situation.

I mean, yes, it's weird. With a photo, you can project who you wish they were onto it. Then he's not that way, so then he's not attractive in person.

If you are bored when around him,you probably do not care for his personality. If just looking at a photo of him gets you back to being interested then you like his appearance but that is all. You are probably better off just looking at his photo but not spending time with him. You won't have fun with someone that bores you.