Would you change this name?

Absolutely...to something close to that, but without the expletive connotation in it. Maybe Livs***e, or something.

If it would not devastate my parents, I would change in to Jones or Smith. This name probably originated in the days before the last five letters had the meaning it has today.

I used to know a pilot whose honest-to-gawd real name was Whatcha McCollum. He used to get calls at home all the time asking for Whatcha McCollum until he had his number changed.

You gotta be kidding!

I actually met an Asian guy whose name was spelled something like Phuoc Yoo, and sounded something like

"F*** You".

There are some great dishes in Chinese Restaurants:

Moo Goo Couw Dung; Sum Yung Gy; But, I think your friend was named after a university in Vietnam, Phuoc U. They are the Asian counterpart of the Italian institution, Whatsa Matta U.

If it would not devastate my parents, I would change in to Jones or Smith. This name probably originated in the days before the last five letters had the meaning it has today.

Actually, the name Livs***s is quite a popular name for Russian Jews, but if I were one and came here I would change it to Livshytz, which looks alot better!

YOU WRITE: "if I were one and came here I would change it to Livshytz, which looks alot better!"

It may look a lot better but it sounds just the same. It's Smith or Jones for me. Or, if I absolutely had to preserve the culture and family name, maybe "Livsterds." Honestly, nobody would catch on there and it would be just the same.