I feel bad after speech class!

speechless

speechless

Today i was supposed to do a speech but i didn't feel prepared mainly cause i was terrified. The instructor asked who was going next and i played it like it wasn't my turn until nex wednesday. H e went to his office to look at the signing sheet and there i was. I told him that it was my mistake that i thought it was next wednesday. He said he didn't want to embarrased me in front of the class. I told him that if i had known i would have brought my stuff with me and he said "i bet you would". I'm feeling bad cause i looked like a liar. do you think he's going to take points off my grade, he didn't mentioned it. What am i going to do? i'm doing my speech next wednesday.

JustAGirl

oh i was like u too - not comfortable talking in front of the class & all... just dont worry so much! if u get rlly nervbous, memorize what u'll say by heart... then just go up there, take a comfy pose, and blurp it out! loudly & clearly. for me, it stopped being a problem once i got up there... just right b4 doing it i felt intimidated... dont lie again like that though - what does it get u?? another week of worrying?? knoweing that it's not smth i'd look forward to, i always was among the first few people to go ... - just to get it over with...

good luck!

u'r not alone - lots of ppl, esp. young ones, find it freaky to talk in front of a lot of people.

btw, don't forget to dress in a comfortable, neat way, so that u'r not self-conscious of how u look ...!

I'm sure your instructor is used to every trick and that he was wise to why you did what you did. However, if you do well on your speech next Wednesday, I doubt he will deduct points.

The purpose of the class is to engender confidence. The best thing you can do is just get up there and do your BEST when you are scheduled.

Meanwhile, just forget this and start doing your best. And remember not to get pissed off when somebody pulls something like this on you.