getting played

okay, this may sound like a childish problem, but i dont know what to do about it. my boyfriend and i broke up but i still had a thing for him and according to him he still had a thing for me. After the break up, though, i talked to one of his friends and he told me that my boyfriend smoked the other day with him. its no big deal but he had lied to me and swore to me that he didnt smoke. I asked his friend if he had said anything about me and he said no, but he said, "oh yeah did he tell you about the challege we had going on. well, he thought we had a challege that in who gets to go out with you first. when he said that i just backed out because i didnt want you being some walking prize." he told me that and then afterwards he asked me out. it seemed suspicious but when i called my ex he denied everything and said that he didnt know what he was talking about, that the only thing was that he did smoke but it was his first time. then i thought about it and i had heard rumors about my ex and some other girl. that he was cheating on me with her. this girls sister told me that my ex had called her house and the reason she knew was because she had picked up the phone and asked who it was. im thinkking why would he need to talke to her. when i confronted him about it he denied it too. My best friend also told me that her other bestfreind had told her that my ex had asked her to give him a blow job. when i went to talk to her friend she told me that he had asked her aht and that it was not too long ago. she also said to him " arent you going out with claudia" and he just smiled saidd nothing and the girl just left. i just keep hearing little things like that. i dont know what to do. i believe my friend though. shes not the type that would do something like that. another thing that might be important was that when i went over to his house and we were making out and i stopped later on he asked me whwy i stopped it in other words why i didnt sleep with him. im thinking his all for the sex and the only reason why he went out with me was because of a stupid bet. what do you thingk???

I think you should stop listening to a bunch of crap from people. If all this really happened, why didn't they tell you before now?

From now until you die, you will hear all kinds of gossip from friends and acquaintainces. Give the people you love the benefit of the doubt and cease associating with those who would choose to stir a lot of crap around in your head.

People tend to believe what they want to believe. If you want to believe these people, go right ahead. The relationship is over. But in my opinion, all the talk belongs on a cheap soap opera and NOT in your life.

You need to clean up your friendships and acquaintanceships and hang around people who will tell you when they feel things aren't right rather than spring a lot of alleged old stuff on you after you break up with somebody.