Man Problems

I've liked this guy for nearly a year now but this year we've become better friends. We are on the same college committee and we get on so well. I know he has a gf and they are really settled but he's just so nice that he has complicated me on what I was wearing at a ball we went to and told me that he really liked me and that I was doing a really good job on the committee we are on together.

Now fast forward two weeks and he has decided to completely ignore me. I asked for him help on drafting a proposal got nothing in return also told him i'd help him with a draft proposal he ignored that too. Even today I said I was going to the bar with the group of friends we share and cause I said I was going he immediately left and went back to college work. I'm afraid he knows I like him now and he's acting like a right *******

Any suggestions please would be great

I know he has a gf and they are really settled but he's just so nice that he has complicated me on what I was wearing at a ball we went to and told me that he really liked me and that I was doing a really good job on the committee we are on together.

Are you serious? You`re hitting on a man who has a girlfriend!!

Put yourself in his girlfriends shoes. How would you like it if you had someone hitting on your boyfriend.

Leave him alone. He`s probably picked up the vibe you like him.

Some of us men are not complicated creatures and if we dont anything to develop with you. We will ignore you. Its a hint. Please take it.

Have you met his girlfriend? Do you know her on your own?

Have she been around when you socialized with him?

If so she may have told him to stop contacting you.

• Author

Nope never met her before, he's doing long distance. I've never ever flirted with him in anyway shape or form. I have always kept it friendly and nice. We've had one hug and that was initiated by him so I dont see how he's picked up anything about my feelings, that's why I'm a little confused about the situation

Stop analyzing the actions of a guy with a girlfriend.

You are mentally pursuing him whether you admit it or not. Find someone who is single and available.

Umm... He has a girlfriend!!

Time to move on and find a guy who is single and available.

You aren't being fair to him or his girlfriend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

I have liked this guy for 2 years but we are only started being friends in the last month. We get on really well, we argue but I feel he always has my back and I have his. He has told me twice I look beautiful. He would chat to me for long periods but also ignore meI also feel that he has been popping up out of the blue so much in the last few weeks. I wonder do we stand a chance or he is just a great friend?