Your partner's friends

Do any of you have significant others with friends (opposite sex or not) that you hate and who hate you? I mean really hate as in not even say hi to each other.

How do you deal with this situation?

No, it never happened to me. I would never let a situation get so bad that it came down to us not talking or ignoring each other.

• Like 1

I would like to think that if I entered into a relationship with someone I should be able to get along with the people in their life. After all those friends are going to be an extension of that individual.

“friends are the family you choose”

If you choose to associate yourself with idiots, alcoholics, racists, religious zealots, jacked up addicts whatever that says something about you.

Maybe I’m lucky but I don’t have a single “friend” (and I’m not talking about that FB friend BS) I am reluctant to introduce to anyone, particularly a SO that I am embarrassed, ashamed of or hated..

If I was with a SO and she had a FRIEND I “hated” I would not be with her for very long.

• Author

If I was with a SO and she had a FRIEND I “hated” I would not be with her for very long.

So if your partner 'hated' your best friend (not because the person is an ass or anything, they just don't get along); would you keep the friend or the partner?

So if your partner 'hated' your best friend (not because the person is an ass or anything, they just don't get along); would you keep the friend or the partner?

I would most likely keep the friend and ditch the partner although it would depend on the specifics of the situation. I wouldn't let a relationship get too far along without making sure there aren't issues like this.