**** it, I'll post about it

DrReplyInRhymes

I am greatly disappointed that you did not write your original post in rhymes.

Edited by Popsicle
  • Like 3
Ok, someone you were seeing for a while tells you to your face to never contact her again. Then she emails you a few times in a few months reminding you of this experience she purchased for you, but doesn't want to refund it or go with you or reply to your emails anymore either. Yet, you would still accept the gift from her and go?

Why?

I'd probably go because it sounds like a lot of fun whether I'd be doing it alone or with an ex. It's also something I could easily afford but would never choose to spend my money on. It'd only be something I'd do if given for free, so the opportunity is that much more enticing.

I don't know the nature of these emails and it sounds like you are hurt and/or angry over the breakup and that is understandable. If going through with this isn't going to be any fun, then it would make sense to skip it.

What did she say in her emails about it? Did she say that you should go without her? Do you know for sure the opportunity is still available and paid for?

• Like 1
  • Author
DrReplyInRhymes

I don't give a **** what any of you look like, and it's a real offer.

Well, taking the gift isn't a friendship invitation, as I see it. I wouldn't suggest NC unless you need it to heal. I think that it's rare to be friends with an ex. It seems to be a painful thing to subject yourself to.

If you can sell the ticket and use the money for something else, go for it. if it's a "principle" thing, I understand, don't take the ticket. I think we are having a bit of fun...this thread is about what you should do with the gift.

If Smackie is the chick in her avatar, I may fight you over her haha! Now...where can I get 2.5 mil?

Edited by DrReplyInRhymes
  • Like 1
I don't give a **** what any of you look like, and it's a real offer.

There you go, brother! Get someone to go with you and go have a blast!

• Like 1
This makes a lot of sense to me. You're right, I normally wouldn't spend any money on this.

I don't know what's going on with her. I think maybe the man she is in love with showed her interest again and I got left behind. That's fine, who am I to deny someone love? I'm not mad at her for that, I'm not mad at all...

Basically, she said that it was a gift and she was just trying to be kind and that I should go have fun, but she wouldn't go with me. Any further talk about her life, or what's going on in it, or how's she's doing just gets met with silence and "I'm busy".

Which is fine with me. I'm just confused, if I didn't want to talk or hang out with someone, I certainly wouldn't be buying them lavish gifts, so it perplexes me.

It perplexes me, too, but so does a lot of things people do. If I were her I'd probably cancel the thing but maybe she feels guilty about not sharing the feelings you have for her.

The more I think about this, the more I think I would go. If the breakup was initiated by you, it wouldn't be very cool to use the gift, but since it was initiated by her, I'd go. Have fun. Think of it as your deserved severance pay for being hurt.

It'll probably be a nice closure to the relationship.

• Like 1
I am greatly disappointed that you did not write your original post in rhymes.

Nearly lost it when I read this...

• Like 1
I could write a rhyme for this, but that was a commitment I made to myself that was only supposed to last one year. It was successful.

It's been more than a year that I rhymed all of my responses, and besides, most people feel my rhymes are rudimentary and fodder for more trash talk anyway.

Oh come on, do it for us. Some of us missed it and would enjoy it.

She gave you a nice gift while you were dating because she thought you'd enjoy it. Just because you're not dating anymore, it doesn't negate the motive behind giving it to you.

Maybe for her, the cost wasn't that much of a financial hardship. I think NOT using it would be rude and a total waste of money. She's already told you to go and enjoy it because she's a nice person.

And thanking her afterwards is only the polite thing to do. Because you're a nice person.

• Like 1