***My Real Estate Agent???***

CautiouslyOptimistic

Well, when I bought my home 2 years ago, my real estate agent was super nice and attentive and after closing, we became great friends! :) We are both heterosexual females, but my point is that when you click, you click, and it does sound like this is a bit more than just professional courtesy. Keep us posted! :)

• Like 1

Are you by any chance able to blur out the faces and post it picture on here?:D

Sorry I have a fascination with paranormal.

• Like 2
  • Author
Are you by any chance able to blur out the faces and post it picture on here?:D

Sorry I have a fascination with paranormal.

I put it on one of my albums if you want to check it out! :D

There arent any faces...its just shadows

• Author
Well, when I bought my home 2 years ago, my real estate agent was super nice and attentive and after closing, we became great friends! :) We are both heterosexual females, but my point is that when you click, you click, and it does sound like this is a bit more than just professional courtesy. Keep us posted! :)

Well this makes me hopeful! :D

I dont know him outside of our professional relationship but he seems really cool and we seem to get along

Fingers crossed! :bunny:

• Like 1

I looked at the picture and now am thinking along the same line as your mom - he probably thinks you're crazy. LMAO The shadows are really hard to see. But you are a knock-out, and if your agent is single he'd be crazy not to want to date you. After he helps you find a non haunted house that is. :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Author
I looked at the picture and now am thinking along the same line as your mom - he probably thinks you're crazy. LMAO The shadows are really hard to see. But you are a knock-out, and if your agent is single he'd be crazy not to want to date you. After he helps you find a non haunted house that is. :lmao:

Thank you so much rushed! Thats so sweet of you! :D Yes he is single!

Omg I swear the image on the phone is much more clear than it is on here. I even looked at it once I uploaded it and noticed how fuzzy it is

I did have 3 of my gfs check the pic out and they said they could see it. They're always honest with me

Oh god I hope he doesnt really think I'm crazy lmao :laugh:

• Author
Happy birthday! Mine is today.

Hapy birthday pops!! :D:bunny:

Team Cancer! 69

• Like 1

Happy birthday Dis!

Aw, the story is sooooo creepy... and cool:)

Welcome to home buying jouney! For me this was a bloody hell filled with waaaay too many rejections (haha waaaay more than in dating or job hunting).

It was 3 months of crying and hopes and anticipation... But now I enjoy my nice house and huge quirky garden overlooking Boston! I wish you can experience similar satisfaction very soon :cool:

Regarding the agent... They are trained to be nice and borderline flirty with ther clients. My agent kept me distracted while breaking up with the ex... Not that I would have dated him ever, but I had male company every weekend haha. Jokes aside don't mess with him before closing. Afterwards - do what your heart tells you.

• Like 1

I don't see anything odd, but with the cemetery and all, I'd probably be looking a lot harder myself.

Happy birthday BTW!

• Author
Happy birthday Dis!

Aw, the story is sooooo creepy... and cool:)

Welcome to home buying jouney! For me this was a bloody hell filled with waaaay too many rejections (haha waaaay more than in dating or job hunting).

It was 3 months of crying and hopes and anticipation... But now I enjoy my nice house and huge quirky garden overlooking Boston! I wish you can experience similar satisfaction very soon :cool:

Regarding the agent... They are trained to be nice and borderline flirty with ther clients. My agent kept me distracted while breaking up with the ex... Not that I would have dated him ever, but I had male company every weekend haha. Jokes aside don't mess with him before closing. Afterwards - do what your heart tells you.

Hey NoGo! :D

You hung out with your agent on the weekends or was that just to look at houses?

Do you think all of them are overly friendly/flirty just for the sake of it?

Oh god I hope it doesnt take that long to find a house. My upstairs neighbor is honestly one of the most despicable/loud/disrespectful people I've ever met. I have to get out of here ASAP!

I'm paying cash. 30-60 day close. Dont have a house to sell before I can buy. Hope that works in my favor! :D

• Like 1

Dis, we'd go to open houses, lots of them in the weekends. Maybe 5-10 per weekend, depending on timing we'll hang out in the breaks but nothing intentional. He's married (and a friend of my ex, duh), so it wasn't even a though for anything.

I think they're all trained to get close/personal with clients to make them feel comfortable. Same way like other service jobs, I was even discussing this with him.

Regarding house buying, paying cash is a huge plus, I wish I was in that position. But even with my mortgage (and a fair amount of title complications), closing took only 1.5 months. The big deal was to get an offer accepted, the competition has been insane - like 20 offers per house and people putting 100K over listing. Nothing at listing price or close to it would cut it. Also tons of dudes were waiving inspections and other tricks. But I think it very much depends on the region where you're buying, I wanted to stay outside but very close to Boston so the market was hot...

Oh, keep friendly with the real estate agent and make him sneak you in before the open houses. Put your offers immediately. That's the best bet to buy faster.

Hey NoGo! :D

You hung out with your agent on the weekends or was that just to look at houses?

Do you think all of them are overly friendly/flirty just for the sake of it?

Oh god I hope it doesnt take that long to find a house. My upstairs neighbor is honestly one of the most despicable/loud/disrespectful people I've ever met. I have to get out of here ASAP!

I'm paying cash. 30-60 day close. Dont have a house to sell before I can buy. Hope that works in my favor! :D

Happy Birthday, D.

Since you're buying a house, look up house hacking. See what you think. If it might be something to consider. :)

• Author
Dis, we'd go to open houses, lots of them in the weekends. Maybe 5-10 per weekend, depending on timing we'll hang out in the breaks but nothing intentional. He's married (and a friend of my ex, duh), so it wasn't even a though for anything.

I think they're all trained to get close/personal with clients to make them feel comfortable. Same way like other service jobs, I was even discussing this with him.

Regarding house buying, paying cash is a huge plus, I wish I was in that position. But even with my mortgage (and a fair amount of title complications), closing took only 1.5 months. The big deal was to get an offer accepted, the competition has been insane - like 20 offers per house and people putting 100K over listing. Nothing at listing price or close to it would cut it. Also tons of dudes were waiving inspections and other tricks. But I think it very much depends on the region where you're buying, I wanted to stay outside but very close to Boston so the market was hot...

Oh, keep friendly with the real estate agent and make him sneak you in before the open houses. Put your offers immediately. That's the best bet to buy faster.

Oh wow. Geez. I hope this doesnt turn into a nightmare. I was previously looking for a place to rent for 2 months so now I'm ready to buy and get this all over with

I'm in CT. I know a lot of people are leaving the state because of the crazy high taxes. But I dont know how competative the real estate market is here. My price range 130-150k which means a good amount of people will be in the same price range. If my price range was super high, like 200k, I'd be golden. I have noticed a lot of price reductions on properties and only one price increase.

The house I'm going to see on Wednsday is a new listing. The owners only do private showings. I'll def take your advice and get my offer in soon if I like the place

Another good thing...my Dad will be the inspector. He's not licensed, he's just a genius and will do a better job than anyone else. So thats all set

Good idea about going to see a lot of places at once. I've only seen two. Life is busy with nursing exams and clinicals

I really hope my agent isnt being so nice because he's trained to...thats not cool. But its def a possibility

Thanks so much for all the tips!!!

• Like 1

I don't know how the market is in CT, but I have the gut feeling it is much better than MA (even looking at the prices... in the area I was looking at there was virtually nothing under 450-500K... I lucked out with finding a small 3 bedroom house in that price range, if I wanted bigger I should have shelled at least 600K if not more).

If your Dad is the inspector, that's great - you can get him even before putting the offer - say he comes with you for a viewing, checks everything major and then you place an offer with no inspection contingencies. No contingencies+cash offer is golden: buyers will love it! (I think closing can be much faster than 4-8 weeks then, based on my experience the P&S was ready in 2 weeks or less, the rest of the time was for the mortgage application that you'd not have to do).

You' get much better sense after putting some offers. For the agent you'd know best after the closing - if it was just business he'll get irresponsive afterwards, otherwise he may reach out or be receptive.

Oh wow. Geez. I hope this doesnt turn into a nightmare. I was previously looking for a place to rent for 2 months so now I'm ready to buy and get this all over with

I'm in CT. I know a lot of people are leaving the state because of the crazy high taxes. But I dont know how competative the real estate market is here. My price range 130-150k which means a good amount of people will be in the same price range. If my price range was super high, like 200k, I'd be golden. I have noticed a lot of price reductions on properties and only one price increase.

The house I'm going to see on Wednsday is a new listing. The owners only do private showings. I'll def take your advice and get my offer in soon if I like the place

Another good thing...my Dad will be the inspector. He's not licensed, he's just a genius and will do a better job than anyone else. So thats all set

Good idea about going to see a lot of places at once. I've only seen two. Life is busy with nursing exams and clinicals

I really hope my agent isnt being so nice because he's trained to...thats not cool. But its def a possibility

Thanks so much for all the tips!!!

• Author
I don't know how the market is in CT, but I have the gut feeling it is much better than MA (even looking at the prices... in the area I was looking at there was virtually nothing under 450-500K... I lucked out with finding a small 3 bedroom house in that price range, if I wanted bigger I should have shelled at least 600K if not more).

If your Dad is the inspector, that's great - you can get him even before putting the offer - say he comes with you for a viewing, checks everything major and then you place an offer with no inspection contingencies. No contingencies+cash offer is golden: buyers will love it! (I think closing can be much faster than 4-8 weeks then, based on my experience the P&S was ready in 2 weeks or less, the rest of the time was for the mortgage application that you'd not have to do).

You' get much better sense after putting some offers. For the agent you'd know best after the closing - if it was just business he'll get irresponsive afterwards, otherwise he may reach out or be receptive.

Thats a great thought! If he has no interest I would be able to tell based on his responses. I'll keep that in mind!

I heard from my gf who just bought a house that the market here isnt too competative. Let's hope she's right. Plus I'm looking at houses in rural areas so I dont think they're in high demand

I'm glad to hear I have a few things on my side. I really need to get out of my apartment ASAP!

I'm going to look at a great house tomorrow so I'll keep you posted! My dad isnt going to be back from Florida until tomorrow night so if I like the house I'll have to have him take a look at it soon after he gets back

Thanks for all your help NoGo! :D

• Like 2
  • Author
I don't see anything odd, but with the cemetery and all, I'd probably be looking a lot harder myself.

Happy birthday BTW!

Really??? You didnt see anything?

I showed a bunch of people after class tonight and everyone saw the figures

There is one in the middle and one to the far right

I uploaded it onto on of my albums here and the upload came out kind of blurry but I can still see them

CautiouslyOptimistic

I uploaded it onto on of my albums here and the upload came out kind of blurry but I can still see them

Did you post this pic??? I haven't seen it....

• Like 1
  • Author
Did you post this pic??? I haven't seen it....

Yup! Its in one of my albums! Let me know if you see the figures :eek:

I outlined them in red

Getting a second look, the image in the middle kinda looks like someone's legs, only slanted counter clock wise.

You're not taking the house?

• Like 1
  • Author
Getting a second look, the image in the middle kinda looks like someone's legs, only slanted counter clock wise.

You're not taking the house?

Ya theres two vertical pipes in that pic

But theres a figure in front of one of the pipes and one all the way to the right

No, I'm not taking the house. I dont have a problem with spirits being in the same house as me...but I got a bad feeling in the basement so these types might not be so nice to live with :o

I'm going to see another house with my agent tomorrow! Yay! :D

• Author

Hi Guys!

I met with my agent today to look at a new house. I always look nice when I go to look at a new house because I want to make a goo impression and because my agent is a cutie ;) The house ended up being great!

We drove up to each other's cars when we got to the house and he was different today. He looked at me for a sec and said, "Hey". It was like a, 'Hey, how you doing?' type of tone which is wierd because he's usually very upbeat and professional. Then he asked me how my birthday went and what I did. I thought that was nice.

We walked in the house (it was a private showing) and he was more quiet than usual and seemed kind of nervous/distant. I was taking pics of the house and he said, "Lets get you a house thats not haunted this time". And I laughed and said that would be great. I said what did you think of the pic (the I took of the previous house in the basement with the shadowy figures) he said he got the chills when he looked at it. I jokingly told him I hoped he did think I was crazy and he joked and said, "I have yet to determine that". I laughed then we walked out

We set up a time to meet this Saturday to bring my Dad so he can inspect the house. My agent usually shakes my hand when he first sees me and when we part ways but he didnt this time. He was fidgiting and a little nervous and said, "It was nice to see you again, I'll see you Saturday. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call"

This is a kind of a wierd shift in behavior

Any ideas?

Edited by Disillusionment373