***My Real Estate Agent???***

• Author

When we were making plans to check out the house again on Saturday...he did say he had something to do Saturday night so we planned on the afternoon

Hope he doesnt have a date :o

I don't want to rain on your parade Dis but you started this thread on April 29th and here we are a few days away from July. If this guy was interested he would have made a big show of it by now. I don't want to discourage you, I hate seeing you waste your time while tons of men would be thrilled at the possibility to date you.

• Like 1
  • Author
I don't want to rain on your parade Dis but you started this thread on April 29th and here we are a few days away from July. If this guy was interested he would have made a big show of it by now. I don't want to discourage you, I hate seeing you waste your time while tons of men would be thrilled at the possibility to date you.

Ya maybe I'm just holding out hope...

The only reason why I think he might be stalling is because our professional relationship hasnt ended yet. It might not look professional for him to ask me out until I close on a house (which hasnt happened yet)

I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea but I'd like to think I'm pretty. I have pics up on my profile. Maybe I'm just not his type or something

For the last 2 years, in regards to dating, I feel like all I'm doing is waiting....

CautiouslyOptimistic

The only reason why I think he might be stalling is because our professional relationship hasnt ended yet. It might not look professional for him to ask me out until I close on a house (which hasnt happened yet)

I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea but I'd like to think I'm pretty. I have pics up on my profile. Maybe I'm just not his type or something

For the last 2 years, in regards to dating, I feel like all I'm doing is waiting....

I agree, you are very pretty :). I saw your pics.

It's possible he didn't shake your hand because you're so familiar that you're beyond that. I mean, it's kinda weird for women to shake hands with their friends....hugs are more popular so maybe he just didn't quite know what to do.

I wouldn't automatically assume he has a date, although he may. I have plans Saturday night, and I'm not going on a date. I'm taxiing my teenage daughter around lol.

• Like 1
  • Author

One of my gfs is a real estate agent and she told me he cant ask me out because I'm still his client

When do you have your appointment at the notary for your house? Congrats by the way!!

• Like 1
  • Author
When do you have your appointment at the notary for your house? Congrats by the way!!

Thank you!!!

I havent put an offer in yet

The house I looked at today was the only one I've liked so far

My dad will be inspecting the house hopefully this Saturday...then I might be putting in an offer

I'm being a Negative Nelly today. I really should be more laid back about my agent and just see what comes of it...but that would be way too easy :rolleyes:

You have been seeing each other for 2 months to visit houses. This could go on for 6 months even another year before your heart is set on a property.

The way I see it if he was free and interested he would have shown his interest and refer you to another agent to pursue dating you. No?

• Like 1
Shining One
The way I see it if he was free and interested he would have shown his interest and refer you to another agent to pursue dating you. No?
Wouldn't he be sacrificing his commission by doing this? There's also the risk to his professional reputation.
  • Like 2
  • Author
Wouldn't he be sacrificing his commission by doing this? There's also the risk to his professional reputation.

Thats what my gf told me. She's been a real estate agent for 7 years

• Author
Hi Guys!

I met with my agent today to look at a new house. I always look nice when I go to look at a new house because I want to make a goo impression and because my agent is a cutie ;) The house ended up being great!

We drove up to each other's cars when we got to the house and he was different today. He looked at me for a sec and said, "Hey". It was like a, 'Hey, how you doing?' type of tone which is wierd because he's usually very upbeat and professional. Then he asked me how my birthday went and what I did. I thought that was nice.

We walked in the house (it was a private showing) and he was more quiet than usual and seemed kind of nervous/distant. I was taking pics of the house and he said, "Lets get you a house thats not haunted this time". And I laughed and said that would be great. I said what did you think of the pic (the I took of the previous house in the basement with the shadowy figures) he said he got the chills when he looked at it. I jokingly told him I hoped he did think I was crazy and he joked and said, "I have yet to determine that". I laughed then we walked out

We set up a time to meet this Saturday to bring my Dad so he can inspect the house. My agent usually shakes my hand when he first sees me and when we part ways but he didnt this time. He was fidgiting and a little nervous and said, "It was nice to see you again, I'll see you Saturday. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call"

This is a kind of a wierd shift in behavior

Any ideas?

My gf said he might have been acting differently because he might be interested and doesnt know how to flirt

I have no clue...

• Like 1

He would be saving his reputation.

As for the commssion well the guy wants the girl or not. There will be other houses to sell.

• Like 1
  • Author
You have been seeing each other for 2 months to visit houses. This could go on for 6 months even another year before your heart is set on a property.

If he did do this, and I wasnt interested....then there goes his commission and I could make a complaint

Seems like a drastic approach

But ya, he could do this if he wanted to. It just seems like a high stakes game to me

You could be right all along G. I just dont know yet...

CautiouslyOptimistic
If he did do this, and I wasnt interested....then there goes his commission and I could make a complaint

Seems like a drastic approach

But ya, he could do this if he wanted to. It just seems like a high stakes game to me

You could be right all along G. I just dont know yet...

Enjoy the ride :). Then maybe someday you'll be able to actually enj....oh nevermind lol ;)

• Like 1

One way to take the pressure off of him professionally is for you to come forward with your interest.

When my friend got approached by a client of her bank he asked if he could talk about something private of record.

He made his interest known. She was interested. They kept it private

• Like 2
  • Author
I agree, you are very pretty :). I saw your pics.

It's possible he didn't shake your hand because you're so familiar that you're beyond that. I mean, it's kinda weird for women to shake hands with their friends....hugs are more popular so maybe he just didn't quite know what to do.

I wouldn't automatically assume he has a date, although he may. I have plans Saturday night, and I'm not going on a date. I'm taxiing my teenage daughter around lol.

Enjoy the ride :). Then maybe someday you'll be able to actually enj....oh nevermind lol ;)

Thanks so much for the ecouragement CO! :D

I really appreciate it!

Ya maybe shaking hands after meeting up 5 times would get a little old ;)

thefooloftheyear
One way to take the pressure off of him professionally is for you to come forward with your interest.

When my friend got approached by a client of her bank he asked if he could talk about something private of record.

Yeah....this...

Think about it this way.....

There are millions of guys right now in affairs and other illicit relationships that have WAY more to lose than this guy's arrangement...If it's something he wants, he wont let it stop him...I say he's not buying it...but hey, I could be wrong...

Didn't read the whole thread....One thing does have me thinking....

I know a few guys (customer's of mine) that are RE agents....They have one thing in common....They are gay...Is that a possible scenario??

Seems like women have horrible "gay-dar" at times....:p

Just some random thoughts...Hope it all works out..

TFY

• Like 2
Thats what my gf told me. She's been a real estate agent for 7 years

I'm just wondering if your friend is a real estate agent why didn't you go through her

• Author
Yeah....this...

There are millions of guys right now in affairs and other illicit relationships that have WAY more to lose than this guy's arrangement...If it's something he wants, he wont let it stop him...I say he's not buying it...but hey, I could be wrong...

I know a few guys (customer's of mine) that are RE agents....They have one thing in common....They are gay...Is that a possible scenario??

TFY

You think he's not buying what?

• Author
I'm just wondering if your friend is a real estate agent why didn't you go through her

Because she's based in a county I'm not looking in

She hooked me up with him

• Author

Well if the general consensus is, he's not interested...then I dont think I'll be doing this...

Well if the general consensus is, he's not interested...then I dont think I'll be doing this...

Before abandonning give it a little kick. Maybe the guy can't beleive a gorgeous girl like you would be interested in a guy like him. You need to send him a sort of a green light then the ball is in his court.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
Yeah....this...

TFY

Haha, that's me!

OP, have you checked out this guy on social media??

• Like 2
  • Author
Before abandonning give it a little kick. Maybe the guy can't beleive a gorgeous girl like you would be interested in a guy like him. You need to send him a sort of a green light then the ball is in his court.

Good idea!

Wouldnt know what to do though....

Give me an example :confused:

• Author
Haha, that's me!

OP, have you checked out this guy on social media??

His fb is private but I've known some wonderful gay men (of course they had to be gay) so my radar isnt too bad

• Like 1