Why don't people understand my love for my cat?

How come my friends and parents don't understand my love for my cat? I said I couldn't live without my cat and they said things like, "Get real here. What a bunch of nonesense. Gee, I love my plants, but I can't live without them."

It is impossible to replace a pet with another one, but many people think you can. Why is that?

Dragonflys

Hi Pamela

I say it depends whether you grow up with a cat. I had one when very young and it was very affectionate so I have a liking for cats, and pets in general. They gave me additional affection when I needed it during my youth.

Not everyone shares a love of animals, some abuse them because they have deep psychological problems and feel power by hurting animals because they display affection. In my case I feel quite a rage when I see any abuse of animals, and would love to return the favour to the abuser if it were legal. But then again, like normal people I feel that way about anything that I love being abused in any way.

Oliver

Oliver is very correct in his post above. There are some that simply aren't cat people. Many enjoy dogs but not cats. Some of this, I'm sure, goes back to a childhood experience...maybe getting scratched by a cat or watching two cats fight. Some children become frightened by the mating (or fight) noise they make in the dark of night...and form their lifetime opinion of them from that experience.

Frankly, I love any animal that insinctively covers up the mess they've made after doing their "business."

Catlovers pay close attention and fall in love with each animal's very unique personality and behavioral characteristics. Others just don't want to take the time.

There will always be those who love cats...and don't care for them. Just get used to it and don't try to figure it out. It's just like any other normal likes and dislikes of humans.

How come my friends and parents don't understand my love for my cat? I said I couldn't live without my cat and they said things like, "Get real here. What a bunch of nonesense. Gee, I love my plants, but I can't live without them." It is impossible to replace a pet with another one, but many people think you can. Why is that?

I love my cats I have 3 of them they are my babies and I think that people that don't understand how other

[normal people} can love pets that much are emotionally deprived enough said.....