Normal behaviour or should I be concerned?

Rach_and_roll

Your being extremely reasonable and sometimes you read messages it happens. we all do it. I personally do not mention checking out women ever evr evr when im dating someone. In fact i try not to do it at all when im with my SO. so i dont think his actions are apropriate

salparadise

Here's an idea... First talk to him and just say that you understand that he can't not see things sometimes, but that being obvious, commenting, etc., is disrespectful. Ask him not to do that anymore. Then the next time he acts like an ass, get up and work the room –– chat up some random guy for a couple of minutes, maybe give him your number (or a number) then go back to the table and comment on how hot the guy is. I'm sure he'll be ready to explode. Just be calm and tell him that two can play that game.

You probably need to work on the insecurities some, but the obnoxious behavior is his issue. You may not be able to make him change, but you can give him a lot of incentive to quit being an ass about it.

Ultimately, whether it's this boyfriend or the next one, you have to be reasonable about expectations, and they have to be reasonable about their behavior and being respectful. You absolutely can choose not to accept this juvenile crap, and I think you should become more assertive.

• 4 weeks later...
Arieswoman

salparadise #37

Here's an idea... First talk to him and just say that you understand that he can't not see things sometimes, but that being obvious, commenting, etc., is disrespectful. Ask him not to do that anymore. Then the next time he acts like an ass, get up and work the room

No, what she should do is walk out of the room and go home.

Actions speak louder than words. :)