A gift for someone you are kinda sorta invovled with..

I've been "involved" with this guy for over a month now..we aren't anything serious, and im not sure if we will be.

We get along great and are close. We are dating i suppose you could say, but at the same time we are good friends and talk about a lot of things, we dont hold back and are really honest with eachohter. Theres none of the needing to "impress" eachother element, we are blunt, honest and we have a good laugh.

I dont know what "title" you would apply to us, we arent bf/gf but we arent just friends either i guess.....

..now it's his birthday next month, i dont know what the appropriate action would be!? Do i buy a gift? if so, what kind?

Im totally stumped here...A little help please! :confused:

A Fly onThe Wall

Well.. a month from now you might know him a lot better..

How much money you want to spend and your age would be nice to know.

I think that something small is fine:

a card

maybe tickets to a concert

home depot gift card ( tools .. all guys like tools )

a card and a nice dinner

YOU !!

• Author

Ok, well he's to be 25..

And i want to organise the gift now..if i do get one...i just dont know the ettiquette in situations like this!

• Author

i still have no idea....

i was thinking that if i bought him something to KEEP it may be giving the wrong signal..?

it seems very "Coupley"...

guys..help! what would you expect from a girl who u had been seeing for about a month??

Originally posted by JoL

iguys..help! what would you expect from a girl who u had been seeing for about a month??

Deviant sex acts, but that's just me. :lmao:

i really totally understand this situation. i am stuck in a similiar pseudo-dating/whatever kind of limboness. and it's been like this for about 10 months.

my birthday and his birthday were both back in decemeber. we had been limboy, at that point, for about three months. my bday was first -- he gave me a six month membership into one of those "gifts of the month" clubs. :eek: a pretty big and expensive gift for "just a friend."

for his birthday, i bought an assortment of some gifts -- a candle (he loves candles), a set of finger puppets (it was a jokey gift), and a calendar that i made from one of those online photo sites of some various photos of an activity we do together. there may have been another thing or two. can't remember.

but i had already given him a dvd, a different candle and another thing or two before his birthday.

yes, you should get him something. spend what you feel comfortable spending. i recommending buying him a gift that relates to an inside joke or something you've shared. maybe there's a book or movie that you're both really fans of. or a toy that relates to something he likes. depending on the guy, toys are really good because they are light and fun, and they don't across as overly relationship-y while still being something that is thoughtful.

maybe you can make a mix cd of songs you know he likes just from the time you've been around him.

in my experience, people just eat up mix cd's. seriously.

• Author

Well i was thinking of doing a jokey gift kinda thing...we have a lot of in-jokes between ourselves and i was thinking of getting a present around that...?

Arhg its all too hard..!

whichwayisup

Take him out to dinner, your treat as it's his birthday. To lighten it up, tell him if he's a good boy, you'll take him to get icecream later! ;)

A Fly onThe Wall
Originally posted by whichwayisup

Take him out to dinner, your treat as it's his birthday. To lighten it up, tell him if he's a good boy, you'll take him to get icecream later! ;)

Or tell him that if he is good boy that you are desert .

Originally posted by JoL

Well i was thinking of doing a jokey gift kinda thing...we have a lot of in-jokes between ourselves and i was thinking of getting a present around that...?

Arhg its all too hard..!

Yes, definitely. Like I said, it's light-hearted but it also shows that you've paid attention to him and value the uniqueness of you two.

I know what you mean, I've been married for 8 years and still find it hard to get a guy a gift. We are at point now where we just say well what do you want and go get it. Much easier that way. Thankfully we only dated for 3 months and weren't around birthdays or holidays. Good Luck on your gift. Best thing that I can say is listen to what he says about things that he wants or interested in. Guys are always mentioning things that they want, take notes. you still have a month to get it. I do like the idea of the mix cd also. Good Luck again, i know it's hard.

just met a guy whos a doll...his bday is comin up on the 23rd..and i wanted to send him a sweet and sentimental gift, but yet kind of cheap..so what i got him was a whole bunch of retro candy like candy dips and old candy from the past and i am making him a "homemade" card (that i have put alot of time into)...the candy and the card is my way of sayin, i think your sweet, and i hope this candy makes u even sweeter...or sweets for a sweet person...that lil gesture there should mean alot to him..even though its not as big..

so a perfect gift would be something sweet and thoughtful and from the heart :love: