me

Whenever I start a new relationship, I'm always very self conscious about my looks. I'm not ugly but I still feel that way. And when it comes to making out, I want to but I always hold back because I'm so worried about what the guy will think of me. How can I get over this horrible feeling of not measuring up?

Whenever I start a new relationship, I'm

always very self conscious about my looks. I'm not ugly but I still feel that way. And when it comes to making out, I want to but I always hold back because I'm so worried about what the guy will think of me. How can I get over this horrible feeling of not measuring up?

think about it....if the guy thought you were completely disgusting he wouldn't have even noticed you in the first place! so relax! and any guy who thinks otherwise ain't worth your time! only hang out with positive people who make you feel good about yourself. remember....you can't love anyone else until you love yourself baby!

The guy will think a lot more of you if you don't hold back on making out than if you do. Your behavior here is illogical.

Feelings of not measuring up always go back to childhood events, internalizing what children in school may have said to you...even just one. Or it could come from a parent who always put you down out of ignorance. Just remember, others put people down because they want to feel better about themselves. Otherwise, there is no good reason for doing so unless it is done constructively and with love and compassion.

There is a crooked scorekeeper in most of us. No matter how many people compliment us or say great things about us, our internal crooked scorekeeper will always give more attention and authority to the very few who put us down. Go figure?!?!?!

I think the only way you're going to feel good about yourself is to get out there and just go for love. A couple of successes and your belief in yourself will soar. Just remember, even the most beautiful women around can't get every guy they go after. There are men out there who are looking for a lady just like you...so cut yourself loose and go for it.

Well, a few things to mention:

Please, please, do not resort to drunken sexual acts to make you feel better. In the long run, it does not good for you. So many women these days get stuck in that rut looking for attention through sex (or certain acts).

I think everyone is self-conscious about their looks. It is a big deal. To some, its more important that others.

What I would do is let the relationship(s) develop. If you're with a good man, he will make you feel good about yourself.

For example, my girlfriend and I met a year ago. Prior to that, I had no self-confidence, I was very shy (I'm not as shy any longer), and I was constantly worried about how I looked. I had to wear glasses, but I never could. I was just so scared of what people would think.

I finally decided to make the switch from contacts back to glasses not too long ago, and I haven't really had any problems! She just supports me through everything and she makes me feel really good about how I look.

Just let the relationships begin, they will bring you good fortune (unless you're with the wrong guy...)