new BF still talks to seriouse ex-GF...need advice based on context of situation

So Im finally dating my best friend of 3 years, but bad new is that he's still talking to his ex-GF of 2 years whome he has known for 6 years. THe following are reasons why im having problems with this communicating with the ex and i desperately need some objective advice about my situation:

1. they were very seriouse and almost got engaged

2.he has never had any sexual experience with anyone but her

3. in the past he went against his family and moved to her state to be with her

4. everytime he and she had a fight he would come to me, with one time leading to a hook-up and him going back to her

5. when she broke up with him originally and started dating+sleeping with other guys, he still wouldnt date me but did string me along for about 1 month

6. their relationship ended bc she couldnt do the long distance thing anymore and wouldnt move to his state

7. i cut off my friendship with him for a long time, and than he eventually came to me and told me he wants to be with me

8.even though we've been dating for about 1.5 months ( but been best friends for 3 years), he still hasnt said he loves me, still talks to her about 3Xa week, and is not willing to get sexually involved with me (note am a virgin whose been waiting for the right guy, and have previously told him that i want to be in love with the person i loose it to)

although im a very experienced dater, this is my first seriouse relationship and im very confused about how to navigate this situation. Oh im also going off to med school in another city in another year, and he still has one more year of undergrad left, and he's said that he doesnt want a long distant relat. ever again.....should i get seriouse with this guy? should i invest my time and energy into him? is he still in love with his ex, even though when i ask him about it he says that those feelings for her are gone, and he just wants to be friends with her bc they were friends before they dated?...am i just too paranoid about all this...or what...HELLlppp!!!

Hmm..first of all, he CHEATED on this girl with you? do you really wanna be with a scumbag like that? and then he leads you on for a month? why are you even with this guy?

If he has enough disrespect to cheat on his ex(btw, if you havent had sex yet then how did you "hook up?") then he can sure as hell get her out of his life, the way this sounds is that he only went to you after he figured out things were really over with his ex, it seems more like a rebound..And just judging from the way he's treated you and his ex in the past tells me that you shouldnt waste your time on him, wait for the right guy, A guy who wont ever string you along, hook up with you then go back to his ex,etc.

• Author

no he didnt cheat..she broke up with him...2 days later he and i went out for drinks and I ended up in his bed and we fooled around ( think pre-marital petting)...and about the stringing along part...when they broke up for the thrid time..he told me he wasnt ready for a relationship and just wanted to be friends...but he did tons of BF-esc things for me and we were together from morning till night...my problem is i dont know how to interpret this "being friends with the ex"...he says he's crazy about me...and we're in a exclusive relatioship, he wanted to indroduce me to his parents...but i dunno...the ex-thing just seems off....what do you think?

Mr.positive

Can't really give you a whole lot of advice but I dought that him and his ex will hook up again. He was probably waiting to see what happened with them before he got in a relationship with you.