Relationship Boredom While Being In Second Place

I am 19 years old and my boyfriend is 21. We have been

dating for almost 6 months now, and I really like him a lot.

Lately, all he does is work, and on his days off he works.

When we finally make plans to go out, he gets called in to

work. He is always late to call or pick me up, and sometimes he acts like he doesn't care by ditching me and working. I ask him about it and says he does care, only that he needs money. Even our sex life is becoming boring and less important to him. What is going on?

It seems like his priority right now is work and money. Either you resolve to being in second or third place or forget him.

Talk to him and find out if something can be worked out...some sort of compromise...where he can spend a little more time with you and work as well to make a sufficient amount of money.

I think people normally end up doing what they are most passionate about. If he's got a lot of bills, see if you will see him more when these are paid. If he's just working to save and/or spend money, then you've got a problem.

If he doesn't think enough of the relationship to make time for you, then it may be time for you to move on.

When you're in a serious relationship, priorities seem to change. He might have alot of bills or saving up for something, but he needs to also attend to the relationship a little. Find out if there's a way where you can be important enough to have one day of the week (or even half) to spend time with and do something. That should tell you if you're really an important part in his life or not. Good luck.

I am 19 years old and my boyfriend is 21. We have been dating for almost 6 months now, and I really like him a lot. Lately, all he does is work, and on his days off he works. When we finally make plans to go out, he gets called in to work. He is always late to call or pick me up, and sometimes he acts like he doesn't care by ditching me and working. I ask him about it and says he does care, only that he needs money. Even our sex life is becoming boring and less important to him. What is going on?
2cute2quit

How do you know for sure he ain't messin around and making the excuse that it's "work" he has to attend to. What kind of work is he in that would make him work 7 days a week and overtime? And them calling him in and he needs to rush right in?? Sounds like a woman might have him after work and also callin him up to be with her on his days off. Better find out about his work a little more and investigate these overtime hours!

I am 19 years old and my boyfriend is 21. We have been dating for almost 6 months now, and I really like him a lot. Lately, all he does is work, and on his days off he works. When we finally make plans to go out, he gets called in to work. He is always late to call or pick me up, and sometimes he acts like he doesn't care by ditching me and working. I ask him about it and says he does care, only that he needs money. Even our sex life is becoming boring and less important to him. What is going on?