***update*** We met and talked

weeble78

Wow. Well I feel super lucky to be talking to you, everyone on this thread have really helped turn things around this evening and help to clarify things for me which is a relief as Ive been on the edge as it is for the last few months.

I fully appreciate the insight you've all given me. I'm still unsure as to why I don't come to these conclusions myself but am grateful there is a place such as here to chat. It stops me panicking and drowning in a sea of analysing what I've said and done and trying to work out where I've gone wrong. I wish you could have a personal adviser sitting on your shoulder sometimes - my brain just doesn't work the right way to make sense of these things.

Like I said earlier. You're too close to the situation. I want you to do a mental/emotional exercise when you can get some alone time and the house is quiet -- close your eyes. Visualize yourself in a glider circling over this situation. It's very peaceful and quiet up there. Glide around for a little while and enjoy the peacefulness then look down on it all from all the angles. (If you're scared of heights, this won't work at all for you :) But some people get some peace and clarity out of an exercise like this.

Edited by Redhead14
  • Author
Like I said earlier. You're too close to the situation. I want you to do a mental/emotional exercise when you can get some alone time and the house is quiet -- close your eyes. Visualize yourself in a glider circling over this situation. It's very peaceful and quiet up there. Glide around for a little while and enjoy the peacefulness then look down on it all from all the angles. (If you're scared of heights, this won't work at all for you :) But some people get some peace and clarity out of an exercise like this.[/QUOT

Ha luckily I'm not scared of heights. Thank you, I will try this tomorrow. It would be lovely to gain some perspective and already it helps me feel calmer.