He's Distant,, Im Upset... Grrr

Here's another post from me .. lol

I have a pretty weird situation going on right now. I would appreciate any opinions....

Heres the thing......... I have been involved w/someone I met online... we started out extremely strong, talking every single day/night... calling each other and texting. We met last month.. and had a great time in person. I had to go back to my home here on the east coast. He's in the midwest.. so it's hard to see one another. I have had problems with my family, trying to get their approval with this man. They seem uncertain b'cuz I met him online... my Mom's fearful he will hurt or leave me someday. I don't agree with her.. but she's just looking out for me I guess.

ANYWAYS... He knows that my fam. feels this way... insomuch as they went to any length to get me to not talk to him anymore (i.e. not letting me use the cell phone to call... or installing IM blocker so I couldnt chat w/him) Its been very hard for me.. so I cry and I can't even sleep sometimes. I just want to be w/this man that I love so much. He's acted distant... it's making me even sadder to feel he's being emotionally unsupportive. He might just be backing off.. cuz he knows my fam. has issues about this. I don't want him to, though. I'm unemployed so it's been financially difficult to get back to where he is. I have been searching for a job.. and I pray for one to come so I can hurry up and get back on my feet.

I'm mad b'cuz it's all so frustrating at times... I hate not being able to call him whenever I want.

Oh well..thanks for listening.

YOu are a grown woman and it seems you are still being controlled by your family? Do you still live at home? I can see their concern with maybe his age. If you love him, then that is your choice, not your familiy's to decide? Do you not have a cell phone? I can see why a 38 yr old may become distant if his girl is being controlled by her family. It would come off as being very "young" and not mature enough to be with him. I am not trying to offend you at all, if you love him then you will make it work. I think your family is prob concerned for you though.

• Author

I do have a cell phone... I just haven't found a job yet to pay my bill, so they've turned it off. I know he's probably keeping a distance b'cuz he doesn't want to become involved and make it harder for me while I'm still at home. He knows I love him.. and I want to be with him.

It's just a matter of me finding a way back.. and a good job. In the meantime, it's been hard to wait without having him as close as I'd like...ya know?

Thanks for your reply.

PS... I don't think he would see me as being too "young" or "immature" just because we've been together for so long.. and he's told me he loves me.. I believe that he does. I don't choose to believe this would keep us apart.. especially since I am doing what I can to get back there.