An Update.... of sorts..

drgnflybethany

drgnflybethany

Some of you will remember, though it's been probably a month since I last posted...

But, every once in a while, I wonder how things are working out for others around here...

Anyhow - still have no idea how my crush feels about me, but here's what has happened:

He's still been busy and away from the coffee shop... but, I asked via email whether or not he would be interested in meeting Henry Cisneros. For those that don't know, Henry Cisneros is the former HUD Secretary under Clinton - and the former mayor of San Antonio - and for those of you that don't remember, I'm a Democrat (a major one - and my crush is a major Republican). I still owe the crush a favor and he won't let me repay it - apparently he has something in mind - and that drives me insane... literally.

Anyhow, the exchange of emails went like so (give or take a few words here and there):

Me: Are you interested in meeting Henry Cisneros?

Him: Is it a DNC event?

Me: Why, you a'scared of the DNC? - No, it is not a DNC event, but it IS a fundraiser for (local city council candidate here) and I'm not paying for my ticket, I wouldn't expect you to, either.

And besides, no one has to know you're a Republican..

Him: Are you trying to put me in a suit? It's been a while.

Me: As dashing as you would look in a BLUE suit, it matters not to me what you wear.

However, I'm always willing to compromise - if you wear a blue suit, I'll wear a red dress.

Him: When is it.

So - I told him when it was... but no response

Then found out I couldn't get the extra ticket -

Sent him an email the moment I found out..

Got back the reply: No worrie... thanks for the invite.

So - still befuddled.

:bunny:

elijahBailey

hey, thanks for the update. Thought you got pissed and left LS :)

hmm, bummer.... no response from him? Well, he knows you dig him, that part I'm sure. I guess you might just have to give him a push instead of gentle nudges and ask him out on a date; if you can't take him off your mind, that is. But I think its a 50:50 whether he'll oblige. Sounds like a really nice dude, though.

I know things are always clearer on hindsight, but, in retrospect, I'd have held the info about not being able to secure the ticket, and find out if he would've come, but, oh well....