lost love

my boyfriend and i broke up on wednesday. he knows that i love him. he said he loves me, but he can't be in a relationship right now, not with me, not with anyone. He appeared so sad. It was a sadness that made me upset. i asked him what was wrong and told him that i thought he seemed depressed. He does not think that he has it in himself to love me more than he already does. he thinks that i should find someone that can give me more attention. I am extremely depressed right now. i really did not want this to happen. i miss him greatly. Anyway....i had a party on saturday. the neighbors in the back of the house did also. he was invited. we talked a little. he can't be with me right now i can see it in his eyes. He seems so lost and it makes me so sad. i think he really is depressed. He is leaving at the end of the summer for a month or so. he stated that he may not come back. I told him not to when i saw the look on his face. LOST. He needs to go. I hope he comes back to me. I miss him so much. I am very confused. At the end of the night i found him sleeping in my room on the floor. What is up with that? I feel like he is trying to torture me. Or maybe he wanted to make sure I was alone. He said he slept there because he felt safe. AHHHHHH!!!!! I am going crazy! He does not want to hurt me. too late. What do i do? I do not want false hope. love me or don't no inbetween confusion crap. should i just forget it??

Dragonflys

OOhh yeah, this is messy.

He really does sound lost, and it is clear you two really do care about each other deeply. But he sounds like a good guy who is trying his best to be honest. I sense that maybe both of you are quite lonely outside this relationship, and that may fuel the relationship even more so than comptibility.

Whatever the situation, I'd say let him go for a while to sort himself out. If he realises what he has with you is something he cannot lose and is special, then he will come back.

In the meantime, move on with your life and meet new people, so if he doesn't come back you have a life of your own.

Oliver