Is it friendship or something more?

well.....i know this guy for the past 3 years..when we first met, he used to flirt around...and then things started heating up..

We used to meet frequently in the Temple. At first, he hardly visited the temple, and only came there to pick up his mom. But his visits increased, and within 6 months of our first meeting, he visited the place almost every alternate day! He's very courteous to my parents and both our families know each other well.

He kept hinting that he likes me..but since I didn't know him, i decided to take it slow. I knew i was falling for him. After a year of our meeting, he got a job in another city and had to move out. At that time, about a month when he had been for the interview, he mailed frequently. The day before he left, he was like,"I dunno why i called,..i just felt like talking to u...can i see u today..?" I couldnt make it to the temple that day. When he returned to take his stuff, mom had called him for dinner,...and he said "u've failed the first iyengar test" when i served him dinner with my left hand...to me it was an indirect propsal. He kept mailing after he left for his new job.

Once i playfully asked him whether he had a girlfriend, and he said"i like these 2 girls from my office, but i don't know which one!" I was hurt badly...i knew i shudn't have opened the topic..I told him i met this guy from my college, whom i frequently saw in another temple, and he thought i was going around with the other guy. That did it...his mails were not very frequent, though i wrote to him. Sometimes, he never replied to my mails, saying he had too much work in office. I stopped mailing him...He mailed after a month asking why i haven't mailed...and that he wanted to hear from me...so i replied saying he didn't mail..so i had no reason to mail him!!..and he said...i told u to stop sending fwds not shut up!

If i ask him the reason for not mailing, he says he's too busy and has got nothing to say...and "y the hell r u getting so insecure?" Now he's shifted to my birthplace for a new job...but he hasn't mailed since. The only thing he said the other day when i met him online was.."i have a lot of work..chat with u later"

The point is..he wants me to mail him....to keep in touch. If i ask him why he doesn't mail, he just says he's too busy, and tells me not to get insecure..

Inspite of the hints and flirtations, we r not in any relationship right now..just friends...

What is his problem? What does he want from me? Does he have much more feelings than just friendship?

I'd say he had an interest at first but he has changed his mind and you are in the friends catagory.

Sorry... :(

• Author

thanks for ur time..

in case u wanna know more abt this relationship, i've posted a more detailed version with the title.."one of my closest friend's behaviour i cannot understand...what is going on?