~Advise 4 Guys~

***Picked this up in another forum... And seems to me most is true.... Ladys. What do you think????

1. Whatever you do, don't just show up at her house...she runs around in their underwear just like we do.

2. DON'T CHEAT ON HER. It may seem foolproof, but girls tell each other everything about everything. Trust me, she WILL find out and you will be mud.

3. Beware of every single male relative and all guy friends. Any of them would kick your ass at the drop of a hat, and a lot of them wouldn't even wait for the damn hat.

4. Never miss an opportunity to tell her she's beautiful.

5. Don't refuse to kiss her in front of your friends. If they laugh at you, it's just because they're jealous.

6. If she slaps you hard, you deserved it.

7. Don't be afraid to touch her if you want to. If she's going out with you in the first place, it's because she likes being in your arms.

8. If you don't sleep with her, DON'T tell your friends that you did.

8.5 If you DO sleep with her, DON'T tell your friends that you did.

9. You can be dirty minded in private, really...most of them are not offended by it...

10. Not all of them eat like birds, a lot of them can eat like whales.

11. Most of them don't mind paying half of everything, but they do discuss these things with their friends. Realize that if you make your girlfriend pay half all the time, everyone will know about it and your friends will know you're a pussy..

11.5 Do you honestly need all your money that much? Be a man, pay all the time!

12. Every girl should eventually get three things from her boyfriend- a stuffed animal, one of his sweatshirts, and a really pretty ring. Even if it's not a serious relationship.

13. Make sure she gets home safely as often as you can. If you're dropping her off, walk her to the door. If you aren't dropping her off, call to be sure she's home safely.

14. If a guy is bothering her, it is your right to beat the **** out of him.

15. If you're talking to a female friend of yours, pull your girlfriend closer.

16. Never, EVER slap her, even if it's just in a joking way. Even if she swats you first, and says, "Oh, you're so dumb" or something, never make any gestures back.

17. Go to a chick flick once in a while. She doesn't care whether you enjoy it or not, it just matters that you went.

18. You're dead meat if you can't get along with their pets, parents, and best friends. Be prince charming to their friends, Mr. Polite to their parents, and make sure to be nice to their animals.

19. Don't flirt with their moms...that's just freaky.

20. Don't be freaked out by PMS. It's not gross, and it really does make them feel like ****, so be understanding.

21. If you don't like the way they drive, you do it.

22. If you're officially dating, and you're introducing her to your friends, you'd better damn well introduce her as your girlfriend.

23. Don't stress where you go for every date. They really only want to be with you.

24. If they complain that something hurts, rub it for them without being asked.

25. Girls are fragile. Even if you're play fighting/wrestling, be very gentle.

26. Memorize their god damn birthdays. You forget her birthday and you're basically screwed for life.

27. Don't marinade the cologne, but smell good.

28. Don't give her something stupid for her birthday or Christmas or Valentine's day. It doesn't have to be expensive, but it has to be meaningful. Jewelry is always nice.

29. If you think the relationship isn't going to last, don't wait to find out. It will only hurt you more if you draw it out.

30. After you've been dating for a while, realize that they really have started to trust you. When you have a girlfriend who truly trusts you, you have a lot more responsibility, privilege and control than you would think. Be careful with it, most guys would kill for that kind of power, and it can be lost in a nanosecond.

Originally posted by tegteg

***Picked this up in another forum... And seems to me most is true.... Ladys. What do you think????

27. Don't marinade the cologne, but smell good.

This was obviously written for, and by, clueless men. The sad part is that it wreacks of trial and error in which it infers that many men have generally made these mistakes before; gosh now I know why it was so easy for me to get and keep a girl ...

Originally posted by Outcast

I know a lot of people who would marry whoever wrote that immediately. Except I bet a woman wrote it.

I would marry whoever wrote this...unfortunately a lot of guys know these things and choose to ignore them for one reason or another. This stuff is so simple, why don't you guys get it?

• Author

YES this was writin by a GUY!

I have a prob with 23-Don't stress where you go for every date. They really only want to be with you.

I just wanna make sure the lady has a great time and is not off in la la land, and is thinkin damn i could be doin this or that, and not really wanting to be there....

Kinda like this last weekend and this comin fri... I invited 2 beautiful ladys to go salsa dancin with me (i know not a date but falls in it the same way) and the whole time while im dacin with them 1 after the other, im like well i hope there having fun and like being here, and not just here casue i asked and they happen to come...

Ya know? Maybe im just stuupid hahaha owell.....

I love this post!!!

Two of them struck an emotional chord with me :

18. You're dead meat if you can't get along with their pets, parents, and best friends. Be prince charming to their friends, Mr. Polite to their parents, and make sure to be nice to their animals.

26. Memorize their god damn birthdays. You forget her birthday and you're basically screwed for life.

Anyways, this list describes the perfect boyfriend. :love:

Sal Paradise

Some of its common sense and about half of it is complete crap. Like number 6. It is never ok to hit your SO, whether you're a man or a woman. Thats more of that double standard bs. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Sal Paradise

Some of its common sense and about half of it is complete crap. Like number 6. It is never ok to hit your SO, whether you're a man or a woman. Thats more of that double standard bs. :rolleyes:

Sal....I doubt very much that #6 is referring to violent behavior.

Here's the visual I got : We're curled up in bed, and I'm reading the morning Sunday newspaper...he keeps pestering me to get up, and lets go out for breakfast...he's tickling me, nudging me, and trying to take my paper away from me. I give him a slap (not hard) on his shoulder or arm. It's done and accepted in a good natured way by both partners.

Also - you may think half of what's on the list is BS...I don't.

As a man, why not give a few of these a try? I guarantee good results.

Wheres AM???...He'll probably recommend the complete opposite :rolleyes:

This list seems like a great way to treat g/fs. :):love:

jen_jen_heartbroken

I found a guy who follows at least 25 of these rules, who isn't a commitment-phobe.

Good thing he's nuts about me. :D

I'll never understand why he's still single.

Originally posted by jen_jen_heartbroken

I found a guy who follows at least 25 of these rules, who isn't a commitment-phobe.

:bunny: congrats! where'd ya find him? :D

jen_jen_heartbroken
Originally posted by JS17

:bunny: congrats! where'd ya find him? :D

Thanks! Right under my nose....he's the "boy next door".

Originally posted by jen_jen_heartbroken

Marry him and you may find out :laugh:

jen_jen_heartbroken
Originally posted by Art_Critic

Marry him and you may find out :laugh:

I just might do that!

Hey, if he can put up with me and my neurotic-ness, then I think I can overlook a few "flaws".

31. Don't fart in front of a woman unless it is your daughter (somehow that seems a little better) unless there is a medical ailment--stomach flu, etc.

31.5 For the most part, belching as well.

jen_jen_heartbroken
Originally posted by 933KJL

31. Don't fart in front of a woman

That's hard for most men to control, especially when they're sleeping and let out those "machine gun" farts.

Originally posted by 933KJL

31. Don't fart in front of a woman unless it is your daughter (somehow that seems a little better) unless there is a medical ailment--stomach flu, etc.

31.5 For the most part, belching as well.

If I found someone who listened to 1-30 I'd put up with a little gas :laugh:

• Author
Originally posted by april

LOL!!!....yes, if only the guys understood this :D

hahaha well a couple reasons coming from guys point of view is EGO, not thinking bout there SO, just dont care, ETC.....

I try to follow all these and more... But we all slip every now and then......