... So, is this a date or what?

EthanSPK

Hey pals,

a girl from college just asked me to go with her tomorrow night to have some beers, maybe dinner together. We'll be alone.

It's been a long, long, looooong time since the last time someone asked me out. I'm not really nervous, but am not really into her. If anything, I'm amused. Anyway I appreciate the invitation and of course I'm not staying home.

Any advice? :confused:

CautiouslyOptimistic
Hey pals,

a girl from college just asked me to go with her tomorrow night to have some beers, maybe dinner together. We'll be alone.

It's been a long, long, looooong time since the last time someone asked me out. I'm not really nervous, but am not really into her. If anything, I'm amused. Anyway I appreciate the invitation and of course I'm not staying home.

Yes, it's a date. Go, have fun, and if you're still not interested be honest about that at the end of the night if she suggests going out again. Don't let her pay for the whole day, though, if you're pretty sure you are not interested in her romantically.

• Like 1
  • Author

Yeah but it's weird. I mean, I don't talk much to her -or anyone from here-, so it's amusing and awkward at the same time. But I see this as a chance of socializing and being more friendly.

I personally wouldn't go. I had a woman ask me out about ten years ago, and I had absolutely no attraction to her. There was just no way, and I politely declined.

Hey pals,

Have some beers and some conversation.

Be gracious.

Yeah but it's weird. I mean, I don't talk much to her -or anyone from here-, so it's amusing and awkward at the same time. But I see this as a chance of socializing and being more friendly.

Best advice is choose who want to date wisely. You already said your not really into her. So that means decline the offer, saying thanks but no thanks or just don't say anything. Best you figure out the rest, but go and date someone that interest you instead of wasting your time on someone who you don't want to be with.

• Like 1
I personally wouldn't go. I had a woman ask me out about ten years ago, and I had absolutely no attraction to her. There was just no way, and I politely declined.

i would do the same as you i wouldnt want to waste the other person time or my own knowing well i have zero attraction i couldnt do a random dinner just for the sake of it lol

Cookiesandough
Is it okay if I date her just for the sex?

Yes, but you should let her know that. Be honest. Many women these days are looking for the same. A more polite way of saying it is that you're not looking for a relationship/anything serious, but you're down for hanging out/having fun/casual

although I'm not really sure what fun is in it for you if you're not even into her =/ or why you'd want to

Edited by Cookiesandough

If you had a strong interest in a girl you asked out...how would you feel if she felt the same was as you do with this girl that asked you? Wouldn't that piss you off that she went out with you because she didn't want to be sitting at home? She would be wasting your time right? Don't be wasting this girl's time.

mortensorchid

You've already answered your question : You're not that into her to begin with so ... Just don't do it.

• Like 1
  • Author
If you had a strong interest in a girl you asked out...how would you feel if she felt the same was as you do with this girl that asked you? Wouldn't that piss you off that she went out with you because she didn't want to be sitting at home? She would be wasting your time right? Don't be wasting this girl's time.

If anything, I'm doing social service... Am I right lads, or am I right lads? ;)

Ok let's be serious. I don't even see this as a date, maybe it's just a meetup.

Is it okay if I date her just for the sex?

Only if she knows that is what you are doing. If you let her think you actually like her & are attracted to her when you are not, then you are using her & that's cruel.

So what happened?

• Like 1