He Won't Say "I Love You"!

Alexafree

I have been living with my boyfriend for a few months now. We are having the best time together and things are incredible, from our daily lives to the bedroom. He has always had this "Playboy - Gigolo" thing going on but since we have been together he has really demonstrated how serious he is about me. For example, he tries to spend as much time as possible with me, he makes a point to involve me in the lives of his children (from a previous marriage), we have made long term plans, and even talked about marriage.

Here is the problem. He never says "I Love You". I have said it a few times and he hasn't reciprocated (Heart-Wrenching!). What he has said is "I'm in love with you and once he did say it (very casually as I was on my way out the door for work). I don't get it. His actions say it but why won't he?

I don't know the guy so I can't say, but I just wanted to tell u that i've never said i love u to my bf of a year ... and it isn't cuz i dont love him ... it's more like b/c i'm afraid he'll take me saying it as a promise forever and ever,& i'm not the type to plan more than a few months ahead ... just giving u an example =)

Good luck!

David Gevert

Are you really ready for him to?

Why do you have this need to have him tell you what you already know?

I know from a bad personal experience that I will never...EVER...tell a girl I love her until I am ABSOLUTELY sure I do. It causes a lot of trouble. Trust me. He probably knows this.

"Love" is only a word. Speaking it is far less important than showing it, and from what I can tell by your post, he has already shown it. Don't look for problems where there are no problems to be found.

I would definitely want a guy to SHOW me he loves me rather than tell me. Maybe you could bring this up and just ask him about it. But every person has his own way of telling you he loves you. While many say it, others find ways to show it. Some guys just don't feel comfortable saying it.

I'm sure his actions are a much better indicator of his love for you than his words will ever be. So if he is wonderful to you, and you're happy to be with him, just be happy about that.

Of course, it's always nice to hear it though.

:) Good luck!