based on that whole discussion with truth ...

Grass is greener on the other side in relationships eh?

Somehow people who are "taken" are just so much more attractive than the ones readily available ....... hell, humans have weird psychology ... I see lots of girls pay MUCH more attention to my bf ever since he got a gf ...

Am I misunderstanding something here?

A friend and I were discussing this exact topic last night. It never fails to happen. When you're single, no one tries to talk to you. But as soon as you're in a relationship, that's when you start meeting other people.

WHY??

I think it's one of Murphy's Laws.

This topic reminds me of the following ones I've heard:

#1. All the good ones are taken.

#2. If the person isn't taken, there's a reason. (corr. to 1)

Here's one of my favorites:

"The probability of a young man meeting a desirable and receptive young female increases by pyramidal progression when he is already in the company of:

1. A date.

2. His wife.

3. A better looking and richer male friend."

I think it has to do with what you said. For example, a guy that already has a girlfriend seems more appealing to other girls. Maybe they're attracted to him more because they see it as, "Hey he's got a girlfriend, that means she's got a good reason to be with him...there must be something great about him. And whatever it is, I want it too!" People always want what they can't have. Sad..but true, I think.

More to say that relates to this...I'll write later.

True, Sparkle...I agree with you to a great extent on this. The problem with this, however, is that the guy then has the label of being "taken," and it would take the boldest (maybe sleaziest) of girls to try to move in on another girl's guy.