met guy on dating service but concerned about his profile

I just met a guy over a dating service on the internet.

He contacted me after viewing my profile. I wrote him back and we have been writing each other for several days. Neither of us has asked to meet yet.

The reason I'm concerned is because on my profile I said I was looking for a long term relationship and someone genuine. In HIS profile he said looking for "fun fun fun " and looking for someone to date.

Does this mean that he is just looking for a fling? Should I ask him before we decide to meet? I'm new to this whole on line dating thing so any advice would really be appreciated.

IMO you don't need to ask him BEFORE meeting him IF he is serious about you, or even serious about finding a committed relationship.. while he did say he is looking for a date or some fun, you never know what can happen when you meet someone amazing that you have chemistry with... he wouldn't be the first person who found someone amazing when they weren't looking (so to speak)

One date for a few hours out of your life wouldn't be time wasted right?

So meet him, see if theres a connection IRL... if you still like him and he you, then go out again... give it enough time before you write him off as not serious enough.

Good Luck :)

RecordProducer

Well he is probably not looking for a committed relationship at the moment as he is even admitting it. But as Merin said, you never know.

Don't ask him anything, he won't tell you "yeah, I am just looking to get laid." Duh!

I met my guy on the net and I can tell you that those who were looking for fun were usually superficial. But you need to meet the guy. Do you have a problem with dating someone a few times, sleeping with him a few times and then realizing that it was just fun, fun, fun? If you do then you should tell him that before it comes to sex.

But you should be able to estimate his personality after a few dates. The best way to avoid being used for sex is to postpone the sex as much as possible. If his only intention is to get laid then you will either have time to figure it out or he will withdraw (or even get more interested), cuz you'll be a too hard nut to break.