The problem with "nice guys"

Nice guys are self-deprecating, humble, modest, supportive and loving.

:laugh: You know G almost....better than I do. So this^ makes no sense to me. :confused:

• Author
So in your view, all nice guys have no spine and are unable to stand up to a woman.

yes, utilizing my definition of "nice guys"

good lord. 11 pages of non sense.

just cause you think you are a nice guy does not mean you deserve a medal and a hot girlfriend. any way you flip it, it still comes down to, you have to find someone who is physically and mentally attracted to you. being "nice" will not compensate for that, and yes, that special you find will still pick the guy she is physically and mentally attracted to over you and your "niceness".

and lets not confuse being nice with having good manners. just cause you hold doors open, pay for dinners, and so on -- that's not being nice. thats a given. its part of being an upstanding type of guy that has manners. you dont get a medal for that.

• Like 2

Since I am in the unique position of my love on the board, if he wasn't, I'd still correct myself....

G is supportive and loving. Love you babe! He knows I love him. :love:

• Like 1
  • Author
good lord. 11 pages of non sense.

isn't is funny and ironic that the most low-brow subjects garner the most attention?

this should be a lesson to everyone on LS

• Like 1
isn't is funny and ironic that the most low-brow subjects garner the most attention?

this should be a lesson to everyone on LS

Indeed...but you are almost the last post. :)

Nice guys are patient. Job was a nice guy.

Look at you talking to yourself on all these comments. I am imagining an old guy muttering into his beer while listening in on a conversation ;)

• Like 2
Look at you talking to yourself on all these comments. I am imagining an old guy muttering into his beer while listening in on a conversation ;)

he got to switch it up a notch to tequila. you know, when you get to the bottom of the bottle, you start talking to the skies and the gods !! they dont call it "miracle" for nothing. :p

• Like 1

Naw, just the oldest moderator trying to keep the topic on-topic in a friendly way. This weekend, though, yeah, beer.

Yeah, but since it's their choices that keeps them single, that means they don't care that much if they are single.

But there's plenty of "invisible" women out there who never get interest from men, but they're not nearly as vocal about it. It's not like there's not a match out there.

When it's their choice then they should not go on and on complaining

that they can't find a good man when they unrealistic goals of the

level of man that they want.

There is a difference between the man they can get and the man

that they want. They need to reconcile fantasy with reality.

Good men and invisible women are in the same boat. Though these

ladies need to up there number. Hit the gym, update their dress,

long hair, and go Sadie Hawkins on the men. Meaning the don't

wait to be asked out the do their own asking. It is easy to find the

men that do not have a girlfriend. Lots of shy men out there.

basil67 Their life choices have nothing to do with you. I still can't see why the way someone else lives their life bothers you so much.

Their choices do not bother me. Just that after they make their

choices then all they do is complain how their romantic life sucks.

Because they complain non stop on LS that they can't find a man.

If you hang around people who complain to much, that's on you. Find other friends.

My friends in real life do not complain non stop. No problems there.

Again, how does any of this affect you? And if if doesn't affect you, why hate it?

Their hypocrisy. They claim to want something bad but will not

change their behavior. Isn't the definition of insanity this:

For one to keep doing the same thing over and over and

yet expect the result to change.

Neither men or women have to face reality if they don't want to. If they want to be fussy and single, it's their life and their choice. Providing their choices aren't illegal, people have choices as to how they live their lives.

Do not face reality then one should not expect sympathy.

somanymistakes
basil67 Their life choices have nothing to do with you. I still can't see why the way someone else lives their life bothers you so much.

Their choices do not bother me. Just that after they make their

choices then all they do is complain how their romantic life sucks.

Because they complain non stop on LS that they can't find a man.

maybe I'm reading the wrong threads - it seems like I see a lot more threads from men complaining non-stop that they can't find a woman...

• Like 3
maybe I'm reading the wrong threads - it seems like I see a lot more threads from men complaining non-stop that they can't find a woman...

Well, in fairness to the guys here...

When women on here complain about not being able to find a man, they tend to really mean that they cannot find a guy they like. AS in, if you were to press to find out more, in most instances the woman actually IS being asked out/getting attention online, but none of the guys asking her out seem that appealing to her.

When the guys on here complain about not being a woman, they tend to mean that literally, they can't find ANY woman who likes them back. As in, they are truly stone-cold dateless--their cold-approaches go nowhere but rejection and no woman responds to them online ect.

Now, I am not trying to paint one side better than the other. Options that don't do it for you aren't really options indeed. BUT, I do think this explains the attitudes in some of these threads. Many struggling guys view the women's dating problems as "less than" their own. Options that come unsolicited (even if you don't like them), are surely better than no options period after all those rejections, right? And it shows in some of their posts.

Edited by Imajerk17
  • Like 4
Nope. That's no good post.

Lots of people are "nice". But "nice" doesn't turn women on and make them interested in you. Just like plain old boring nice Jane plain does not turn me on or interest me. You want to be a little bad, a little wild, and a nice guy at the same time. You want the woman to look at you and go, " this guy is way too happy and having too much fun. I will hook him and try to change him into something he is not and make him miserable.". ��

For sure. The poster also said, "What you really need is self confidence. Have that, and the rest will follow."

Eternal Sunshine
Well, in fairness to the guys here...

When women on here complain about not being able to find a man, they tend to really mean that they cannot find a guy they like. AS in, if you were to press to find out more, in most instances the woman actually IS being asked out/getting attention online, but none of the guys asking her out seem that appealing to her.

When the guys on here complain about not being a woman, they tend to mean that literally, they can't find ANY woman who likes them back. As in, they are truly stone-cold dateless--their cold-approaches go nowhere but rejection and no woman responds to them online ect.

Now, I am not trying to paint one side better than the other. Options that don't do it for you aren't really options indeed. BUT, I do think this explains the attitudes in some of these threads. Many struggling guys view the women's dating problems as "less than" their own. Options that come unsolicited (even if you don't like them), are surely better than no options period after all those rejections, right? And it shows in some of their posts.

I don't think this is actually true. In most cases men also don't count that overweight, shy, socially awkward girl that is into them. They likely don't even notice her existence.

• Like 2
I don't think this is actually true. In most cases men also don't count that overweight, shy, socially awkward girl that is into them. They likely don't even notice her existence.
I can't speak for all men, but I count every woman who has expressed interest in me.
  • Like 1
Cookiesandough

http://www.timebounce.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Daily-Funny-Photos-Dumps-140417-27.jpg

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
I don't think this is actually true. In most cases [good looking] men also don't count that overweight, shy, socially awkward girl that is into them. They likely don't even notice her existence.

There, fixed! :D

Edited by Chris2016

I always find conversations where men are telling women what they want to be somewhat strange.

Partly because it's pretty difficult to believe a man can somehow read women's minds and know what they want, and also because any generalizations like this are usually false. There are too many factors that feed into it.

• Like 5
  • Author
Partly because it's pretty difficult to believe a man can somehow read women's minds and know what they want,

Mel Gibson did it in that movie