Depression drugs and libido

Do depression drugs slow down your libido? My friend was dating this guy on Prozak, but she didn't stay with him long because she found him very dull and not very expressive. She said it was because the drugs made him that way.

I was thinking about going on medication for my minor bipolar disorder but I don't want to become like a zombie. What about natural drugs like St. John's Wart? Is that a better solution?

Different drugs have different side effects. Work with your physician on a medication that will do the job required without the side effects you don't wish to tolerate. Almost all drugs have side effects of one kind or another and they are unique to each person.

It's possible you may have to experiment with different medications until you find the right one and the proper dose to handle your problem.

There are many opinions about St. John's Wart, pro and con. Many people believe any positive effects of it are more a matter of mind over matter.

The meds for bipolar are somewhat different from that of depression and it takes just a bit more time to adjust the dosage. Working closely with your doctor, you'll be able to overcome the obstacles to your healing without serious and undesired side effects.