he is so ignorant about lice

lice head

my oldest daughter and grand daughter live by themselves, my youngest daughter frequents there quite often. my oldest daughter called to tell my youngest daughter that she has head lice.

my youngest daughter who still lives with me called to tell me. i called my boyfriend to tell him that we need to shampoo our hair for safety's sake

of course he wanted to know who had it but to spare my daughter any embarassment i did not tell him nor would i tell him.

he was upset that i would not tell him and was guessing and assuming that it was my youngest daughter sleeping around and got it from some guy.

my daughter does not sleep around, but has not got a very good track record as she is only 19 and likes to do what 19 year old likes to do.

i don't think that she should be labeled this way cause of her past. she has a seven month old son that she takes excellent care of and is a very good mother.

however, now he is thinking that "we" are dirty, that only people who are dirty or sleep around get this lice stuff.

i tried to educate him on it, but i guess ignorance is bliss, cause he just don't get it.

i am very angry and frustrated not to mention feeling dirty about myself cause he thinks that way about me and my daughters now.

what else can i say to him to get him to understand that this is not caused by being dirty? we are not dirty! we shower daily, wear clean clothes daily, he should know hell he lives with us.

i'm really hurt by his reaction, i feel ashamed about something that i have no control over, including his judgement.

any suggestions short of being him into believing me?

It is quite tragic that you allow an ingnorant, close-minded scumbag to make you feel bad about yourself. The guy is majorly stupid.

I think this was a golden opportunity for you to find out exactly what your boyfriend is all about. He is certainly not somebody you want to be with for the rest of your life. People who love you don't label you dirty like he did. They handle whatever the situation is in a mature loving way.

While you're washing your hair, wash this guy down the sewer and out of your life. You shouldn't have to work your butt off to make someone who is supposed to love you have respect and consideration for you. He's a dud.

How about if he hasn't shampooed his hair yet, tell him not to worry. He deserves to have it! You need to get rid of the guy, he is rude and talks bad about your family. What is more important to you, this guy or your own daughters? Tell him that the kids probly got it at school, oldest daughter called youngest (cause of her child) and she told you cause she cared enough about you AND him to let you know. Find a man who will treat you right and is nice in all perceptions (even somewhat smart!).

my oldest daughter and grand daughter live by themselves, my youngest daughter frequents there quite often. my oldest daughter called to tell my youngest daughter that she has head lice.

my youngest daughter who still lives with me called to tell me. i called my boyfriend to tell him that we need to shampoo our hair for safety's sake of course he wanted to know who had it but to spare my daughter any embarassment i did not tell him nor would i tell him. he was upset that i would not tell him and was guessing and assuming that it was my youngest daughter sleeping around and got it from some guy. my daughter does not sleep around, but has not got a very good track record as she is only 19 and likes to do what 19 year old likes to do.

i don't think that she should be labeled this way cause of her past. she has a seven month old son that she takes excellent care of and is a very good mother. however, now he is thinking that "we" are dirty, that only people who are dirty or sleep around get this lice stuff. i tried to educate him on it, but i guess ignorance is bliss, cause he just don't get it.

i am very angry and frustrated not to mention feeling dirty about myself cause he thinks that way about me and my daughters now. what else can i say to him to get him to understand that this is not caused by being dirty? we are not dirty! we shower daily, wear clean clothes daily, he should know hell he lives with us. i'm really hurt by his reaction, i feel ashamed about something that i have no control over, including his judgement. any suggestions short of being him into believing me?

I'd get everyone together that have lice, shake your heads and comb your hair over a sheet, gather up the lice, stick them on his head while he's asleep, and THEN break up with him.