lying

I think my new guy is lying to impress me. He always tells me how much money he has, and how he's going to take me shopping, but when we're about to go, he finds a way to back out, so I think he really doesn't have any money. I like him for him, not his money, and I have expressed this to him, but he continues to lie. It's terribly insulting to my intelligence, what can I do about this. He is really quite sweet and I would like to continue seeing him.

Next time you guys go "shopping" make sure there's no way for him to back out. Tell him that you think he's lying all the time cause of the backing out. And that you want to be in a truthful relationship. Tell him how you feel and see what he says. If he keeps backing out, maybe you should too.

I think my new guy is lying to impress me. He always tells me how much money he has, and how he's going to take me shopping, but when we're about to go, he finds a way to back out, so I think he really doesn't have any money. I like him for him, not his money, and I have expressed this to him, but he continues to lie. It's terribly insulting to my intelligence, what can I do about this. He is really quite sweet and I would like to continue seeing him.