i slept with one of my best friends....

i wrote about this in another forum...*but i never saw this one*..and my problem makes more sense in this area

I'll just be simple and get to the point:

On a visit home for a few days, I planned on hangin out with my best friend and partying. But one night the party just took a whole nother turn. It was me, my best friend Katie, her boyfriend, and Katie and I's really good friend Kevin (Good Freind for about a year). I had always thought Kevin was cute, but never thought about going any further than that with him.

Then after a night of drinking games, after being completely plastered katie and her bf finally decided to retire. Leaving drunkened kevin and i with loose conversation and the tv. After about 5 minutes of distractions, we bacame touchy feely...one thing lead to another...and we slept together.

the next morning everything seemed normal. he even took us out to breakfast. but of course in my head, i couldn't believe i slept with kevin. of all the people int he world, i was still in a kind of shock.

now im back in town and havent talked to him in five days. i dont really know how i feel about him anymore. one moment i want him with me the next minute im confused on if these are just fades of feelings. he's such a good sweet genuine guy that i dont want the friendship to fade, but i dont know if i can not be around him w/o these strong nervous feelings.

any advice??

Hey!, I`ve already replied to this post! But I`ll say it again....... While you are stressing over the friendship he is rejoicing over finally getting what he wanted out of the friendship in the first place :rolleyes:

I was in a similar situation at one time. I was like you...I stressed! I thought one moment that maybe we could date, and then the next moment I just felt embarrassed for what happened.

And then it dawned on me...he is a good friend! Why don't I talk to him like I had about every other thing that I had in the past!? It took a lot of guts on my part (and quite a few of avoided phone calls he made to me), to finally just ask him what his thoughts were about what happened.

After we talked a little, things became more apparent that he was feeling/thinking the same things I was! It was refreshing to actually *talk* outloud about what happened, especially with the person of whom actions actually took place. We ended up remaining friends, for we both thought it was for the best. Maybe it will be different for you. We knew it was a drunken night and we knew that it probably wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

prettyinpink0315

Li

Listen if you guys slept together then there was obviously something there deep down. It's not just a drunken thing. When people sleep together it wasnt because they were overly intoxicated it is a hidden urge or inner self thing that you let take over selfconciously when your drinking. Later on the longer you became friends the more of an urge you would get. So think of it as a relief that you already ended it. I have been bestfriends with my ex for 6 years and we never slept together almost but didn't. Let me tell ya sister it was not the wrong thing to do! :laugh:

I think the drunk excuse is such a crock. You like this guy or he would not be a friend. It went farther than you wanted it to and now your afraid that the friendship is over. What is soooo wrong with having a friend as well as a lover? Think about this before you decide to break contact with him. You might be ending a really wonderful relationship.