Jealous of old pictures of my girlfriend

• Author

Actually I never dated any girl who still has pictures of ex boyfriends on social media.

heavenonearth
Actually I never dated any girl who still has pictures of ex boyfriends on social media.

Well then get used to it, it's gonna happen.

If this does not fit your inflated ego, you should get a girlfriend who you can push around and forbid to do things, if that's what you're into.

• Like 1
  • Author
Well then get used to it, it's gonna happen.

If this does not fit your inflated ego, you should get a girlfriend who you can push around and forbid to do things, if that's what you're into.

Jesus Christ why on earth would I have pictures of ex girlfriends on my instagram and facebook? I must be an Alien.

heavenonearth
Jesus Christ why on earth would I have pictures of ex girlfriends on my instagram and facebook? I must be an Alien.

Because the world does not revolve around you and your standards only.

Everybody is different.

Do you have photo albums at home?

I have boxes of photos from my whole life, lots of exes in there also.

There are also some pictures of an ex from 5 years ago on my instagram - if someone scrolls down for several minutes, they will find them.

I, for one, do not go through the trouble of deleting them. It was a part of my life at some point. SO what?

It's so irrelevant.

My boyfriend also still has some photos of his ex on his facebook. They were together for many years, she was a significant part of his life. Why would he delete them?

Some people may do that, but others don't. It doesn't freaking matter.

Go get hung up on some real problems.

• Like 1
  • Author
Because the world does not revolve around you and your standards only.

Everybody is different.

Do you have photo albums at home?

I have boxes of photos from my whole life, lots of exes in there also.

There are also some pictures of an ex from 5 years ago on my instagram - if someone scrolls down for several minutes, they will find them.

I, for one, do not go through the trouble of deleting them. It was a part of my life at some point. SO what?

It's so irrelevant.

My boyfriend also still has some photos of his ex on his facebook. They were together for many years, she was a significant part of his life. Why would he delete them?

Some people may do that, but others don't. It doesn't freaking matter.

Go get hung up on some real problems.

One thing is to have pictures at home other thing is in social media. No, I'm 32 and had a lot of girlfriends in my life and never had this issue before. My girlfriend maybe still has feelings for her ex because she didn't delete them.

heavenonearth
One thing is to have pictures at home other thing is in social media. No, I'm 32 and had a lot of girlfriends in my life and never had this issue before. My girlfriend maybe still has feelings for her ex because she didn't delete them.

I don't see the difference.

I know plenty of people who put their whole life on social media.

Many people use social media as a digital form of a photo album, since our world becomes more and more digitalized.

Others sometimes post, but don't put much emphasis on their social media accounts in general.

As I said before, everyone is different.

So you never 'had this issue before' -- well, now it's present.

How you deal with it is up to you, but I think it is presumptuous to think immediately that she still has feelings for her ex because of it.

You seem to generalize a lot, when this is something that should be decided on a case to case basis. What are the facts?

Overall, I have to admit, based on the other things you wrote about how you perceive women, I think you are a bit controlling/misogynistic.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think this is really a symptom of your general distrust (and maybe even mild disdain) of your girlfriend.

Based on what you've written about this relationship, I don't see how this can progress into something healthy and long-lasting. You aren't tremendously older than her, but there seems to be some age-based incompatibilities here.

I'm 32 .

Interesting... when you started this thread in your initial post, you said:

I'm 30 she's 22,

You've aged 2 years in 2 1/2 months.

and too old for this young girl.

she's not ready to be middle-aged and matronly for you.

Pick someone closer in age who doesn't do this. Problem solved.

You're acting as if you have no agency in any of this.

Edited by kendahke