Should I or should I not tell him I like him?

So, I've always said that I'm straight and believed it wholeheartedly. I've never had any romantic feelings for other guys. But just recently, I've realized that I've developed some kind of feelings for one of my coworkers (let's call him Preston). When I first met him, I didn't really know that he was gay until a month or two later, but I had no problem with it. He was an energetic and funny person to me and I always enjoyed working with him instead of most of our other co-workers. But then, I started noticing some things...Preston always steals glances at me whenever I'm not looking even when we're with our other co-workers to which they would notice him doing it. Then, he would bend down in front of me a few times and even twerk. I just assumed this was his personality...until he actually brushed his hand against my butt a few times as well. The first time, I thought it was an accident, but it kept happening too many times for it to just be an accident.

Now, this will sound weird but I actually kind of enjoyed the attention from Preston. I didn't really think about if I really liked him or not because I wasn't too sure. So one day I decided to test the waters and see if I actually did like him. I went up to the job to pick up my check and decided to stay up there for a few hours to hang with him despite our other co-workers irritation. Everything went well and he seemed to enjoy it. But when I helped him take the trash out, I admitted to him that I only stayed to spend time with him. He said "aww, that's so sweet" and he hugged me tight and I went to my car. When I returned to use the restroom and right when I was about to walk out, the co-worker he was worked with said something smart and we ended up arguing a little before I eventually just left. That night I texted Preston and told him how I'm sorry for doing that but I was just irritated. But he never responded.

Preston eventually left to go to college and I texted him two or three times but that's it. No response and no further texting. Now he's back this summer and somehow he found out that I informed my friend that he touched my butt a few times and he didn't want to work with me yet. Along with that, he over-exaggerated me texting him by telling our co-workers I texted him 2-3 times a day for two months when he left :lmao: After a week or two, we ended up working together again for a few hours and everything seemed like before. Him staring, bending over in front of me, twerking and having long conversations with me even though his shift ended an hour ago.

But this whole situation is confusing now because I've realized that I really do like him and I wasn't just wanting attention. The problem is I don't know if I should or shouldn't tell him.

Do not announce that you like him. Do as him to spend time with you doing something. I'm not going to call it a date yet but it will look a lot like a date.

• Author
Do not announce that you like him. Do as him to spend time with you doing something. I'm not going to call it a date yet but it will look a lot like a date.

So pretty much try to hang out with him some more?

• Like 1
  • Author
Yes, try to spend more time together in a casual friendly way. See what happens.

The only problem with that is in the past, I've ended up friendzoning myself by not letting the people that I like know of my intentions.

Try to find a way for the two of you to be alone and hang out, just the two of you. Grab a drink, just a coffee or whatever you're into. Be casual and ask friendly, get-to-know-you questions and work your way to the point - ask if he's seeing anyone and if not if he'd like to have dinner (or whatever you're comfortable with) sometime.

Don't let it drag on, at this point just one such casual get together should be enough to gauge how things are. Yes, it might take a little courage to step out there and make the move, but hopefully if you've been talking for a while at that point it will be comfortable and natural. And he'll be clear that you are interested in the possibility of being more than friends.

• Like 1
  • Author
Try to find a way for the two of you to be alone and hang out, just the two of you. Grab a drink, just a coffee or whatever you're into. Be casual and ask friendly, get-to-know-you questions and work your way to the point - ask if he's seeing anyone and if not if he'd like to have dinner (or whatever you're comfortable with) sometime.

Don't let it drag on, at this point just one such casual get together should be enough to gauge how things are. Yes, it might take a little courage to step out there and make the move, but hopefully if you've been talking for a while at that point it will be comfortable and natural. And he'll be clear that you are interested in the possibility of being more than friends.

Okay. I see him again on Sunday so I'll ask if he wants to grab drinks or something sometime. I'm sure he'll agree! :) Thanks a bunch!

He's not responding, so he's not interested and, in fact, sounds hostile, so do not tell him anything. You're going to have to just leave him alone. you can explore with someone you don't work with if you feel the urge.

When you hang out flirt with him. If that is going well ask him on a date.