Guy Friend Maybe Back in Town?

Hi everyone, I mentioned this guy friend of mine before. See thread -

https://www.loveshack.org/forums/platonic/friendship/656543-scared-call-my-guy-best-friend

Well I never got in touch with him, and now, I think he might be back in town for work (I'm not positive, but a couple of my former co-workers are in town for this big meeting (saw on Facebook - where else?) so I'm pretty sure he is). And neither one of us have been in touch like I said. I was going to call him yesterday before I saw this FB post from the former co-worker, but now, I feel weird calling him if he's in town, like I don't know what he'll think, I don't want him to think I am just calling him because he's in town. I was just going to call him and leave a message and say I just to chat because there's been a lot going on in my life and see what he's up to. I dunno. What do you think? Does he even want to talk to me if he didn't mention coming into town? It sounds so sad, I know, that we are avoiding each other since we used to be good friends. :-( Should I contact him?

It is simple.

Message the guy using whatever favorite means you use.

Say:

"Hey <name>! I heard you were going to be in town. Let's get together for some dinner. You pick the place, I'll meet you there!"

There see how easy that was?

What is he going to think?... He is going to think that you want to get together for dinner and if he picks a place, you'll be there.

You mentioned in the earlier thread that you thought he had feelings for you at the time. I think you may have been right because no guy really sends gifts etc or spends that much time with a woman if he didn't want to sleep with her or was interested in her romantically. You fizzled out.

If you want to text or call him just do it. But be prepared that he may be in a different headspace or not interested in you any longer. If you're just doing it because you miss the attention and are wobbly/insecure/need validation through this friendship because you're going through other difficulties in your life, check yourself. Otherwise, there is no reason to avoid him. Just manage your expectations accordingly.