WTH is he ghosting me??

I will try to make this as brief as possible. 10 years ago...boy meets girl. They hit it off..are great friends. Hang out, talk all the time etc. his friends all would tell me how much he cared about me and liked me etc but he never made a move so I simply ignored it. This went on for over a year. He finally admits to his feelings... I reciprocate. Things are going well for about a week before he ghost me. Very little contact over the next 5 years. And then he’s back. All is forgiven...we are friends.. both in relationships at the time, eventually it fizzles out. No biggie. Fast forward another few years. He once again contacts me...text all day everyday for almost a year. No feelings insinuated or involved until the last few months. We have the “talk” about seeing where things go...oh yea let’s pursue this blah blah blah. A week later he’s vanished again. I can totally except that when a guy isn’t interested he isn’t interested. But I considered him one of my closest friends, especially over the last year and I’m just at a loss as to how you can treat a FRIEND like this. I suppose looking back he wasn’t a friend at all and that’s a hard pill to swallow. I will give him credit that he did at least tell me he didn’t want a relationship but I was totally on board in being strictly platonic once again. Any ideas on why he would do this??

So... There is a saying. Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me. Fool me three times - WTF am I thinking

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...