Decided to be FWB instead

I have been talking to this guy for almost 2 months now. We had a bit of an arguement before becoming friends with benefits. He was telling me how he really likes me and I told him I do too. But ever since we had an arguement I told him that I think it is best if we just stay friends rather than being in a relationship in the future. A couple of weeks later he asked me if we can be FWB and I decided to say yes to him.

After a couple of weeks I asked him if he truely liked me before we became FWB. He said he did like me. I told him that I honestly still feel like I like him.

He ended up telling me that he believes that we should just stay friends at least for now. He also said that we can either continue to be FWB or just be friends. He also said that if we were ever to become official he believes that we should be friends longer. What is that suppose to mean? Is he actually considering to become bf and gf later on if we work out with just being FWB? Or does he just want sex?

I have been talking to this guy for almost 2 months now. We had a bit of an arguement before becoming friends with benefits. He was telling me how he really likes me and I told him I do too. But ever since we had an arguement I told him that I think it is best if we just stay friends rather than being in a relationship in the future. A couple of weeks later he asked me if we can be FWB and I decided to say yes to him.

After a couple of weeks I asked him if he truely liked me before we became FWB. He said he did like me. I told him that I honestly still feel like I like him.

He ended up telling me that he believes that we should just stay friends at least for now. He also said that we can either continue to be FWB or just be friends. He also said that if we were ever to become official he believes that we should be friends longer. What is that suppose to mean? Is he actually considering to become bf and gf later on if we work out with just being FWB? Or does he just want sex?

Part in bold.

You told him that. I guess he accepted your feelings and granted you that wish.

One thing to learn is never use such words to imply a breakup or friend zone someone unless you truly mean it.

Some people will call your bluff and say "oh ok, I'll respect your wishes".

We don't know his feelings but he could have been a bit hurt by it. Purely speculating.

• Like 1

Yeah, and especially if you use the word "friends" with guys and then have sex with them. Why should they take it further?

• Like 1