Is she Playing Games ?

So, little info about the girl here,

What I have obsereved from the last 2 years is that she is a really secretive girl. Doesn't share any personal info or day to day things to everyone. That's to say she keeps herself distance and professional. She has a huge fan following in my class, teachers students you name it, all are her fans. That kind of respect she has. She's 21 right now.

In the beginning of college days, I have seen guys hitting on her but she never gave a **** to them. You see, showing no interest in dating. She was such a person that she would not even share her number, add anyone on Facebook or Instagram. What I saw was she was very picky about people.

Now a little about me, Im that guy who people respect but Im actually no one in class, I don't interact much. I have kind of no friends. I keep myself alone but in recent times few people stay with me.

When I joined college, at first look only I knew there's something. Later on I tried talking to her in food court, she asked my name and remembered it. So, I don't know why she started showing special interest in me. You see, after few days whenever I met her in group, she would ask me specifically after discussing things with the rest of the people. "Umm, GP what do you think about this?" Type of questions. Later I found the interest to rise because while studying in class she would ask me like a mom if I understood the question. That made people laugh lol. And made me little shocked why she would pay so much attention to me. And I was not even her friend.

Later I found her pulling away. Next semester, I posted in whatsapp group that my father is in airforce and hence whoever wants to come can get free tickets from me. As she was not in group she came to know about this from other guys. She asked me about it and I said yes. She told she is interest but next day she lied to me, she told ber neighbour's are also in airforce so, she would go with her. I said ok. And didn't care much. But soon she came and again made a story like her mom is really like very conservative and she doesn't like me to share my phone number etc with other guys. I knew she was lying so I said it's ok.

Later she went to roads to see the airshow with her friends. Lol.

Some days later we were in class and she simply turned back and told me "you are mature".

I was like what happened to her why all of a sudden? Later in that same class she asked me "you want people to come to you, you don't want to go to people right" ? And that's true. But I said it's nothing like that.

What I found later was, she was trying to figure me out what I was. I used to stay alone, yet cool, and teachers liked me, I rocked presentations and such stuffs.

Similar things happened, which always was like she wants to establish a sort of relation but something makes her pull away. Im actually a shy guy and talk really less to girls. Maybe that must be the reason.

Time went on and I would find her establishing small chit chats with me only when we were one on one. She didn't mind ber one female friend to be with her.

So in 3rd semester, we were returning from industrial visit and in the bus I went to her and started talking, there she was looking at my Instagram pics and people have always told me I click really nice pics, so she said. And after that she told me " we can be friends" to which I said nothing. I was blank and the we moved to the next topic. Within few minutes she asked if she's interested to go to kfc. I felt liked it was a passive invitation to me too.

Later that sem once I asked her jokingly about going on a date and she thought I was serious and said yes she would go but she is going to her home town for 3 days and she did go.

Later that semester,

we were like bringing luch boxes and after eating we would talk a little and get back to our work, so it went on for some days. One fine day I went to talk to her and she was acting cold, i felt really bad and left.

I started ignoring her.

I started staying away from her.

I don't know why we both have felt like talking from the beginning. I always felt like she wanted to talk and the same was with me but for some reason things went like this. Push and pull. Showing interest but after few instances acting hot and cold.

One day I met her near our college gate and we were talking and started walking to class, the way she was talking was different, like fully interested. She gave me her phone and a newspaper and then she started tying her hair. She was making her hair and looking at me. She was little shy too at that point of time. Now she has always done it in the past. She would talk to me and play with her hair. While we were climbing the stairs she me some friends and ignored me. She just went with them. I really don't know why she started doing it. She would show very less interest in me.

As I had stared ignoring her, she started doing the same. Some days she would try to talk but other days she would feel bad and show that she's angry. And yes she was angry.

Later somehow she figured out that I liked her. One day she actually caught me looking at her. After that, she also started showing signs of interest and wanted me to approach her.

She would secretly look at me, glance at me and sometimes look directly into my eyes with lot of feeling.

She started making situations where we can talk. Trying to grab attention by any means. She would place herself near me and look from the corner of her eyes. I never went to talk to her and that actually made her furious. Because If i go, she would not talk much infront of other people.

She would also walk past me looking at me and palying with her hair and looking at me. I mean who tosses her hair in air for the 4th time and still look at me. But later in 5th semester I loosened and went to talk, at that point she was the one talking but she had no clue what she was talking.

Another day was her birthday, and I wished her before 12 AM to which she asked me in class, why I wished her so early to which I said I just came to know. She seemed little dissapointed with my reply. Maybe she wanted to hear something else.

Next day, i grew some balls and went to talk to her to which acted disinterested and I got scared and nervous and i immediately ran away. So for the next few days she was not able to maintain eye contact and ignored me but later she bacame normal.

Now I want to tell you in 3rd sem she had added most of the classmates on Facebook and Instagram and also had joined WhatsApp group after we all helped her win a contest. So that's how I wished her happy birthday.

To this point of time I had seen her giving me hints but would really try to ignore if she would be around the people who know her. She would be trying to grab my attention but still ignore me if there's someone who know her.

I also don't know why she would not chat much with me on some days and some days she would chat. Sometimes I only find her answering in one word and some days she would write few lines.

These days I don't even chat with her because she has confused me. She wants me but she would ignore me in front of her friends but still talk loudly or laugh loudly and steal glances.

There's another guy who likes her, she has no interest in him but if he's around she would simply give 0 ****s to me infront of him. Now this guy has a hint that something is going on between me and her and he would be looking at both of us time to time in class . One day he actually saw her s3cretly looking at me. I have also found her looking at me and as soon as i look back she would take off her eyes.

Somebody told me one day she has a boyfriend from the beginning, which seems like a rumour because he told she would talk to someone on phone for 5-10 minutes.

I asked him how may days have you seen her doing this in that last 1 year ? He said 4-5 times. He was in her group for sometime in the past.

I have also seen her best friend looking at me secretly. What they are doing is i don't really know.

Now recently I have seen her chatting on phone too much. Im really getting ins3cure.

What does she want from me ?

She acts interested but when I go to talk to her she acts awkward and disinterested. She would answer me in one word.

But all this time I have only observed that she wants to talk with me and is dying.

Nowadays if we find esch other in the corridor, i find a spark in her eyes, she would still play the tossing of her hair to grab my attention.

What i have found out that she doesn't want specific people to know about it and hence she ignores me or say don't give any sort of hint. But if there are other people whom she doesn't think about then she goes full swing to attract me. Why she's doing that ?

Maybe she has a boyfriend?

Edited by GPSTAR

She's a popular girl who finds social things easy and early on, she tried to ask you why you act different, "You like people to come to you." I think she is just a social person and she reached out to you trying to understand you because you're not very social, but in a friendly way. She told you you could be friends. I can't tell if she has any interest beyond friendship. That hair thing, I was sitting here playing with mine while reading your post and for no reason. Don't over think that. I think she looks at you to see if you're going to let your guard down and just be friendly and say "Hi" or keep acting what to her is weird and not social.

You shouldn't be joking about a date just because you're too fearful to ask her on one. She probably didn't know what to make of that and may have felt you were teasing her in a bad way.

If you want to ask this girl out, ask her out. She's plenty social enough to handle the situation without it getting awkward.