Scratching my head

hamsterhouse

I just recently met a girl on a dating site and things seemed to be going very well initially, but she shifted on a dime and now I'm left scratching my head.

After we matched, it quickly became apparent that we were both present at a very small random event over a year ago which kind of blew each of our minds. For the sake of anonymity I need to leave out a lot of intimate details, but it's quite serendipitous and coincidental that we'd run into each other this way. Kind of the stuff of romance novels are made of.

So she enthusiastically insisted that we meet up. I agreed, and since I was only available the following day I asked if she was free then. She gave me kind of a "meh" response, saying she's busy after work but get in touch with her later that evening to "see where she's at." In other words, an unenthusiastic "maybe" date. She gave me her number though, so I texted her later saying let's just get together when you know you're free, and I'm busy for the next week but let me know your schedule and we'll work it out. It's been a couple days now with no response.

I'm not sure what to make of it. We really didn't share too many messages so I can't think of anything I said to turn her off. Maybe it's nothing and she'll respond when she feels like it? Maybe she felt that the next day date offer was too pushy? Maybe she's flakey? It's anybody's guess really, but I'm wondering if maybe I should just move on or maybe shoot her a text in a week to see if she's interested? Is this a random encounter but a dead end?

She's probably just entertaining other offers, OP. It doens't mean you did something specific to turn her off; just means you're likely one of many guys messaging her on the dating site.

You could try following up with specific day in mind, and gauge her response. To me, she sounds pretty lukewarm right now, to be honest.

I know you're applying a lot of meaning to this random encounter at the small event, but it appears to have just been a coincidence.