I don’t know if I love my husband

• Author
You're still very young so you don't realize that it's really not possible to KNOW anything for certain, even about yourself. So try not to be so certain about how your husband will respond to any particular circumstance.

That’s not a guess. That’s what my husband told me and I know he is serious. He said he was thinking about suicide but right now he feels better after switching meds and going to therapist. He says if I leave he doesn’t want to see me ever again and we will never be friends. And FYI I know my husband better than you do, so no need to point out my age.

Edited by Jane1212
Grammar

I think he wishes that is what he'd do but if he's threatened suicide, I think that's what his reaction will be to try to keep you involved. Make sure he stays on his meds and contact his family if you do decide to notify him you're leaving so someone is on standby to handle him.

Are you working and able to support yourself? If not, that's what you need to be working at right now, getting a steady career you can take care of yourself with.

• Author
I think he wishes that is what he'd do but if he's threatened suicide, I think that's what his reaction will be to try to keep you involved. Make sure he stays on his meds and contact his family if you do decide to notify him you're leaving so someone is on standby to handle him.

Are you working and able to support yourself? If not, that's what you need to be working at right now, getting a steady career you can take care of yourself with.

I can support myself, so I’m ok in that aspect. He has no close family around except his daughter who just turned 18. He has good friends though. He suffered from depression for many years, way before we met. He never had suicidal thoughts until now. So that’s worries me. He says now that he is better and he is not going to do it but I’m still worried. I know if I leave he will get very depressed and he will not be able to forgive me.