my mom having MRI done on her head,I hope her test comes out ok

My mom is going for a MRI tonight on her head.I hope her test come out ok.She has had trouble with it for awhile.I had one done back in February but I moved a little bit during the scan and it screwed up scan.I had to go to the bathroom though bad and that MRI scan was over an hour.Its kind of hard to stay still so long sometimes.During the scan I felt the need to go.Then the people came to check on me and had to do the scan all over again and I had to go so bad,I was like oh no.They told me I moved a little bit during the scan so they would have to start all over again.But i couldnt help it I was ready to burst had to go to the bathroom! I couldnt wait to get the scan over with. I'll never forget that day. I hope my mother is going to be ok.and that theres nothing serouis wrong with her head.

Don't worry, it won't help you one bit. Let me assure you though, my mother had an MRI done on her brain, and I knew that worrying about her results weren't going to do any good. Everything will be okay.

By the way, when they re-did your scan, what were the results? What was wrong with you? And why did they do it in the first place? They usually only do it if they feel something is wrong.

Actually, I have a few questions for you. Are you the same Patty that has been posting on here every now and then? If I can remember, you've posted MANY medical problems on here, for ex:

-your hair falling out

-your foot hurting

-your head/body aching

-your MRI

-complaining that your mother doesn't take you to the doctor

-complaining about other health problems, and that something is wrong with you.

So now I'm really starting to worry about you. I urge you to seek some type of professional help. Talk to your doctor or a psychiatrist. The following disorder comes to mind:

Hypochondria

A person with hypochondria is basically convinced that she has a disease or imagines that she has symptoms. Everytime this person notices a small physical symptom, she's positive that it's something incredibly serious.

Some questions for you: (from Whiteley index)

1. Do you worry a lot about your health?

2. Do you think there is something seriously wrong with your body?

3. Is it hard for you to forget about yourself and think about all sorts of other things?

4. If you feel ill and someone tells you that you are looking better, do you become annoyed?

5. Do you find that you are often aware of various things happening in your body?

6. Are you bothered by many aches and pains?

7. Are you afraid of illness?

8. Do you worry about your health more than most people?

9. Do you get the feeling that people are not taking your illnesses seriously enough?

10. Is it hard for you to believe the doctor when he/she tells you there is nothing for you to worry about?

11. Do you often worry about the possibility that you have a serious illness?

12. If a disease is brought to your attention (through radio, TV, newspaper, etc), do you worry about getting it yourself?

13. Do you find that you are bothered by many different symptoms?

14. Do you often have the symptoms of a very serious disease?

Now take these answers to your doctor, and discuss this with him. We are not doctors here. We cannot help your or diagnose you online. You need to get professional help for this, something we cannot offer here.

While we don't care that you post medical problems on a relationship/love forum, they really don't belong here. One or two questions are okay, but posting month after month after month with a different physical complaint just starts getting pretty annoying. Especially because these are things you need to talk to your doctor about. Good luck.

• Author
Don't worry, it won't help you one bit. Let me assure you though, my mother had an MRI done on her brain, and I knew that worrying about her results weren't going to do any good. Everything will be okay. By the way, when they re-did your scan, what were the results? What was wrong with you? And why did they do it in the first place? They usually only do it if they feel something is wrong. Actually, I have a few questions for you. Are you the same Patty that has been posting on here every now and then? If I can remember, you've posted MANY medical problems on here, for ex:

-your hair falling out -your foot hurting -your head/body aching -your MRI -complaining that your mother doesn't take you to the doctor -complaining about other health problems, and that something is wrong with you. So now I'm really starting to worry about you. I urge you to seek some type of professional help. Talk to your doctor or a psychiatrist. The following disorder comes to mind: Hypochondria A person with hypochondria is basically convinced that she has a disease or imagines that she has symptoms. Everytime this person notices a small physical symptom, she's positive that it's something incredibly serious. Some questions for you: (from Whiteley index)

2. Do you think there is something seriously wrong with your body? 3. Is it hard for you to forget about yourself and think about all sorts of other things? 4. If you feel ill and someone tells you that you are looking better, do you become annoyed?

5. Do you find that you are often aware of various things happening in your body? 6. Are you bothered by many aches and pains?

7. Are you afraid of illness? 8. Do you worry about your health more than most people? 9. Do you get the feeling that people are not taking your illnesses seriously enough? 10. Is it hard for you to believe the doctor when he/she tells you there is nothing for you to worry about? 11. Do you often worry about the possibility that you have a serious illness? 12. If a disease is brought to your attention (through radio, TV, newspaper, etc), do you worry about getting it yourself? 13. Do you find that you are bothered by many different symptoms? 14. Do you often have the symptoms of a very serious disease? Now take these answers to your doctor, and discuss this with him. We are not doctors here. We cannot help your or diagnose you online. You need to get professional help for this, something we cannot offer here. While we don't care that you post medical problems on a relationship/love forum, they really don't belong here. One or two questions are okay, but posting month after month after month with a different physical complaint just starts getting pretty annoying. Especially because these are things you need to talk to your doctor about. Good luck.

OK I messed up. sorry.I posted some medical qeustions or medical words that I wasnt supposed to do.Oh well Im only human.HONESTLY, I try not to even bring up the topic medical and try to stay away from it as much as POSSIBLE.AND I ONLY USUALLY post here about my pen pal. And I see other people asking medical advise so I thought it was ok. AnD ILL TRY TO STAY away from here I guess. I can see I make to many problems and the best thing is for me to leave and Im very sorry for being such a pain.I usually post questions here about my pen pal not medical questions.Hes the very special person in my life.It wasnt like I was purposly posting it here.I didnt meant it.gees ,all i can say is IM very sorry for asking a medical problem I should of known better.my fault, im sorry

I'm sure your mother will be just fine. I think the moral of the story here is not to drink any liquids for a period of time so there is no urge to go to the bathroom during the MRI.

This test will clear up a lot of things and rule out many problems. It can identify problems that no other test is able to do. So it's important to get it right.

Good luck to your mother. And tell her...no drinking before the test.

Yes, and yours too.

2. Do you think there is something seriously wrong with your body?

Oh, yes, I know there is!!!

3. Is it hard for you to forget about yourself and think about all sorts of other things?

Absolutely!!! I am always on my mind...just like the song.

4. If you feel ill and someone tells you that you are looking better, do you become annoyed?

Annoyed as hell!!! I just want to hit them with my big toe.

5. Do you find that you are often aware of various things happening in your body?

Oh, you don't even know!!!

6. Are you bothered by many aches and pains?

Yes, until I kick them out of the house.

7. Are you afraid of illness?

Oh, no, I always welcome it.

8. Do you worry about your health more than most people?

I worry about my health more than I worry about anybody.

9. Do you get the feeling that people are not taking your illnesses seriously enough?

Hell, I get the feeling I'm not taking it serious enough.

10. Is it hard for you to believe the doctor when he/she tells you there is nothing for you to worry about?

Nah. The doctor always tells me I have a hell of a lot to worry about...especially up front when I tell him I don't have a lot of money or medical insurance.

11. Do you often worry about the possibility that you have a serious illness?

Oh, I know there's something seriously wrong. I've read the books, I got the symptoms.

12. If a disease is brought to your attention (through radio, TV, newspaper, etc), do you worry about getting it yourself?

Not at all. I am confident I can get it if I want. That Gawd I usually already have it.

13. Do you find that you are bothered by many different symptoms?

Hell, I got symptoms that aren't even in the book. You pick the disease, I got the symptom.

14. Do you often have the symptoms of a very serious disease?

Not often, but on most days.

• Author

Yes, and yours too. 2. Do you think there is something seriously wrong with your body? Oh, yes, I know there is!!! 3. Is it hard for you to forget about yourself and think about all sorts of other things? Absolutely!!! I am always on my mind...just like the song. 4. If you feel ill and someone tells you that you are looking better, do you become annoyed?

Annoyed as hell!!! I just want to hit them with my big toe. 5. Do you find that you are often aware of various things happening in your body? Oh, you don't even know!!! 6. Are you bothered by many aches and pains?

Yes, until I kick them out of the house.

7. Are you afraid of illness? Oh, no, I always welcome it. 8. Do you worry about your health more than most people? I worry about my health more than I worry about anybody. 9. Do you get the feeling that people are not taking your illnesses seriously enough? Hell, I get the feeling I'm not taking it serious enough. 10. Is it hard for you to believe the doctor when he/she tells you there is nothing for you to worry about? Nah. The doctor always tells me I have a hell of a lot to worry about...especially up front when I tell him I don't have a lot of money or medical insurance. 11. Do you often worry about the possibility that you have a serious illness? Oh, I know there's something seriously wrong. I've read the books, I got the symptoms. 12. If a disease is brought to your attention (through radio, TV, newspaper, etc), do you worry about getting it yourself? Not at all. I am confident I can get it if I want. That Gawd I usually already have it. 13. Do you find that you are bothered by many different symptoms? Hell, I got symptoms that aren't even in the book. You pick the disease, I got the symptom.

14. Do you often have the symptoms of a very serious disease? Not often, but on most days.

Ok I made a few mistakes.I appoligized. Ill apoligize again sorrryyyyy.I know those answers for those qeustions are about me but I wont let them get to me.People make mistakes.I dont see what the big deal is.Im sorry for ever mentioning a medical word or question.

Hey, Patty....those answers I posted had NOTHING to do with you whatsoever. If you get a sense of humor, you might be a LOT better off. I think there is always room for levity, even in a serious environment. Nobody gets out of life alive...so while we are here, we have to have some fun or it's not worthwhile. Life should be full of fun...because it doesn't last long. Taking it seriously wastes a whole lot of time.

Cool your jets. Visit a cemetary today and take a pad and pencil with you. Write down the names of the residents there who are enjoying themselves and having fun.

• Author
Hey, Patty....those answers I posted had NOTHING to do with you whatsoever. If you get a sense of humor, you might be a LOT better off. I think there is always room for levity, even in a serious environment. Nobody gets out of life alive...so while we are here, we have to have some fun or it's not worthwhile. Life should be full of fun...because it doesn't last long. Taking it seriously wastes a whole lot of time. Cool your jets. Visit a cemetary today and take a pad and pencil with you. Write down the names of the residents there who are enjoying themselves and having fun.

Thats ok Tony.I had no idea you meant it as being funny.I was just a little confused and thought you written them for me. Was just a little misunderstanding. Now that I understand it is very funny.lol :)

• Author
Don't worry, it won't help you one bit. Let me assure you though, my mother had an MRI done on her brain, and I knew that worrying about her results weren't going to do any good. Everything will be okay. By the way, when they re-did your scan, what were the results? What was wrong with you? And why did they do it in the first place? They usually only do it if they feel something is wrong. Actually, I have a few questions for you. Are you the same Patty that has been posting on here every now and then? If I can remember, you've posted MANY medical problems on here, for ex:

-your hair falling out -your foot hurting -your head/body aching -your MRI -complaining that your mother doesn't take you to the doctor -complaining about other health problems, and that something is wrong with you. So now I'm really starting to worry about you. I urge you to seek some type of professional help. Talk to your doctor or a psychiatrist. The following disorder comes to mind: Hypochondria A person with hypochondria is basically convinced that she has a disease or imagines that she has symptoms. Everytime this person notices a small physical symptom, she's positive that it's something incredibly serious. Some questions for you: (from Whiteley index)

2. Do you think there is something seriously wrong with your body? 3. Is it hard for you to forget about yourself and think about all sorts of other things? 4. If you feel ill and someone tells you that you are looking better, do you become annoyed?

5. Do you find that you are often aware of various things happening in your body? 6. Are you bothered by many aches and pains?

7. Are you afraid of illness? 8. Do you worry about your health more than most people? 9. Do you get the feeling that people are not taking your illnesses seriously enough? 10. Is it hard for you to believe the doctor when he/she tells you there is nothing for you to worry about? 11. Do you often worry about the possibility that you have a serious illness? 12. If a disease is brought to your attention (through radio, TV, newspaper, etc), do you worry about getting it yourself? 13. Do you find that you are bothered by many different symptoms? 14. Do you often have the symptoms of a very serious disease? Now take these answers to your doctor, and discuss this with him. We are not doctors here. We cannot help your or diagnose you online. You need to get professional help for this, something we cannot offer here. While we don't care that you post medical problems on a relationship/love forum, they really don't belong here. One or two questions are okay, but posting month after month after month with a different physical complaint just starts getting pretty annoying. Especially because these are things you need to talk to your doctor about. Good luck.

All I did was let some people know how my mother was doing cause I was worried awhile back.And I cant remeber who it was but they said to make sure she gets to the hospital or doctor right away. All I did was let ppl know that she was ok.I dont know what the big deal is of you complaining of me about my medical post just cause I was letting ppl know about my moms MRI.If I did make medical post in the past maybe I was new and thought I would get advise from ppl with similiar expereinces? Maybe I thought it mixed in with relationships? It wasnt done purposely. gees