Does this guy at work like me or what?

mysteriouschic

You know where his desk is? You can slip him a note, and he can slip you back a paper note. Just get lunch with him at some point to sort out how much he likes you. Explicitly say this despite how "thinking outside the box" it may make you feel.

• Author
mysteriouschic
You know where his desk is? You can slip him a note, and he can slip you back a paper note. Just get lunch with him at some point to sort out how much he likes you. Explicitly say this despite how "thinking outside the box" it may make you feel.

He doesn't like have a desk in a warehouse hes usually standing watching everything.Do you still think he likes me? or just busy or shy to know what to do focusing on work

If you never make a move to find out you will never know. Tell him directly, he will be thrilled - most guys never get the privilege of being asked out by a lady. You seem to like him a lot. Why not find out earlier rather than later?

• Author
mysteriouschic
If you never make a move to find out you will never know. Tell him directly, he will be thrilled - most guys never get the privilege of being asked out by a lady. You seem to like him a lot. Why not find out earlier rather than later?

Its hard to make a move probably the environment also don't want to rush. Trying to get more comfortable around him also not like shy getting there.

Want to make sure speak to him everytime hes in.

Does he seem interested still? not sure how he'd act.

I have never met him, I would guess that he is interested if he still keeps having conversations with you. I would recommend not wondering if he is interested and at the same time hesitate in finding out whether he is interested. Just keep up the good work getting comfortable around him and don't forget to eventually take the relationship somewhere. Most guys will misinterpret what you are doing as being coy, shy, or playing games, and will at some point lose patience. Remember that :cool:

This guy could be a confident alpha male, that is afraid of professional repercussions remember. We don't know that yet. You've got to give him some reassurance you won't report him (or get him into trouble for harassment). The way you do that is to become comfortable with him and let him be comfortable around you.

• Author
mysteriouschic
I have never met him, I would guess that he is interested if he still keeps having conversations with you. I would recommend not wondering if he is interested and at the same time hesitate in finding out whether he is interested. Just keep up the good work getting comfortable around him and don't forget to eventually take the relationship somewhere. Most guys will misinterpret what you are doing as being coy, shy, or playing games, and will at some point lose patience. Remember that :cool:

This guy could be a confident alpha male, that is afraid of professional repercussions remember. We don't know that yet. You've got to give him some reassurance you won't report him (or get him into trouble for harassment). The way you do that is to become comfortable with him and let him be comfortable around you.

Does matter who starts the conversation? just as long as he talks back?

or if hes acknowledging me in the morning . Usually I always plan to greet him first but he always does first beats me to it even if its not right away. Is that still good?

oh the chatting here an there is coy or shy? he seems laidback doesn't come across cocky he doesn't talk to too many in depth mostly the other main team leader focuses on work.

If he's consistently greeting you that's just a nice guy. If you get more than niceties and greetings then he is interested. Don't make this so complicated, men aren't as complicated as you think they are. He is likely interpreting you as a shy lady. Keep up the hints, drop lots of them, since that seems to be what you are comfortable with.

• Author
mysteriouschic
If he's consistently greeting you that's just a nice guy. If you get more than niceties and greetings then he is interested. Don't make this so complicated, men aren't as complicated as you think they are. He is likely interpreting you as a shy lady. Keep up the hints, drop lots of them, since that seems to be what you are comfortable with.

He doesn't greet many really from what I see don't know if he's making extra effort to say it?

Oh so he thinks I'm just shy or nice whatever and than if hes the same hes acting more cautious in the work environment? or can't act proper how he would outside, he'd like that I keep talking to him etc?

You are asking me the same question over and over again mate, don't make this more complicated than you think it is. You are adding layers of complexity that don't exist. You won't know if he enjoys a long term relationship with you until you try. That's it. If both of you don't have the guts to try for a relationship you will never know what the result could be.

• Like 1

This is the age of METOO, shyness probably has nothing to do with it. I don't date co workers either, but I'm attracted to some and it shows. Ive heard a girl say something about shyness, but it has nothing to do with that. Its just stupid to date where you work. Ive seen many co workers that dated turn sour, and some ended with job losses or suspensions as well. It's not worth the trouble. Maybe he's the same...doesn't dip his pen in company ink.

• Like 1
  • Author
mysteriouschic
You are asking me the same question over and over again mate, don't make this more complicated than you think it is. You are adding layers of complexity that don't exist. You won't know if he enjoys a long term relationship with you until you try. That's it. If both of you don't have the guts to try for a relationship you will never know what the result could be.

Oh yeah sorry I still feel attraction spoke to him fair bit today as I was going on break he came over again saying see you in a while he doesn't do this to anyone else like say bye or whatever before they leave. I was asking about tomorrows order etc he was telling me how much he thought there would be and i asked if he was dreading tomorrow which he was a lot i was saying it might not be too bad etc said goodbye to him before leaving.

I had another idea some Saturday after work could ask what his plans are maybe ask him for after work drinks? how does that sound? like keep up what I'm doing chatting etc

• Author
mysteriouschic
This is the age of METOO, shyness probably has nothing to do with it. I don't date co workers either, but I'm attracted to some and it shows. Ive heard a girl say something about shyness, but it has nothing to do with that. Its just stupid to date where you work. Ive seen many co workers that dated turn sour, and some ended with job losses or suspensions as well. It's not worth the trouble. Maybe he's the same...doesn't dip his pen in company ink.

Oh right so you think he's just attracted but won't act on it?

This is the smartest decision you could have made for yourself. A man would have to be out of his mind to hit on or try to date women he works with in this day and age. There are just too many women (you don't work with) who are beautiful and available. Maybe this man may think she and others there are cute but not worth putting his job on the line.

• Author
mysteriouschic
This is the smartest decision you could have made for yourself. A man would have to be out of his mind to hit on or try to date women he works with in this day and age. There are just too many women (you don't work with) who are beautiful and available. Maybe this man may think she and others there are cute but not worth putting his job on the line.

He acts different around me not the same how he is with others and the girls.

Work environment is hard he probably wouldn't know how to go about it even if he did.

Like hes attracted but can't act on it yeah everytime I'm leaving for lunch he comes over to say bye or whatever in soft voice.

I wouldn't date him right away either would be more get to know him test the waters etc get to know him .

If you like a meetup after work then go for it. Just keep in mind what we've all said, dating coworkers can go wrong.

• Author
mysteriouschic
If you like a meetup after work then go for it. Just keep in mind what we've all said, dating coworkers can go wrong.

Yeah I'll see what happens waiting for the right time . I've noticed sometimes I get weird serious vibes from him don't know if it's nervous shy like you said or even a little intimidated by me at times. While working something this guy came over chatting to me he'd helped me with something then he went over to the guy while he was talking to me asked if he was ok. Didn't think anything until me that same guy chatting to me introducing himself doing something else for me. Again he came over asking him if he was ok. This like 5mins or so later. Don't know what that was about. Was he wondering what the guy was talking to me for or something?

No need to concern yourself about what the two lads were talking about, if you keep on trying to keep track of what every coworker thinks of you, your brain space will become full, and you will need hard drive backup.

• Author
mysteriouschic
No need to concern yourself about what the two lads were talking about, if you keep on trying to keep track of what every coworker thinks of you, your brain space will become full, and you will need hard drive backup.

I meant seemed like the guy this thread is about thats shy might've been a bit jealous cause he stopped the conversation both times with that guy. Wasn't wondering about what the other new coworker thought. Just got weird vibe that like he wanted to see what we were talking about or stop it somehow. Do guys get jealous if they see you chatting to another guy ?

Edited by mysteriouschic

Men will always compete over single ladies, that's happened since back when the earth was cooling. If one of them is jealous, that's not your problem to deal with, don't worry about it too much. They are either admiring you, nervous to make a move, trying to protect each other professionally, afraid of getting their reputation permanently stained because of the feminist Metoo movement, or just having a good old men's locker room chat about you. I wouldn't concern yourself too much about it, as you've already made me sound like a broken record giving you the same advice over and over again on your favourite lad. I suggest you do what feels comfortable to you and keep up chasing the guy you like. Just remember the consequences of a work date going South.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
mysteriouschic

Still getting to notice this guy also noticed he brings his face really close to mine and as he's tall I noticed it. He was telling people they could go individually when he came to me whatever he said about leaving and thank you at the end lingered for like a sec he didn't say thank you to anyone else I could hear him saying it the girl before me.

Then as I was leaving I said bye to he said see you later then as went to the door I turned back to look at him and he was looking right at me

I don't know if I smiled but I did after like damn he caught me looking.

Was busy the day before yesterday didn't talk and yesterday he was in later than me I just said Hiya to him he just said Hi there

Is he still interested? will he be thinking I like him from looking back at him?

Please stop being coy and shy. Either pursue him a little or stop. Hesitation does not look attractive when you do it this much.

• Author
mysteriouschic
Please stop being coy and shy. Either pursue him a little or stop. Hesitation does not look attractive when you do it this much.

Is that how I'm coming across to him also? shy?

both just shy doing dance around each other lol

But he's still very attracted yeah?

From what you've described, you've never had a conversation with him longer than a few seconds? Would you go into a canoeing club and stand in one corner and be a wallflower, and refuse to say anything other than a few words to the other canoers because you are too shy? It applies here too. I know the female urge to be coy and shy to increase attractiveness, but you are way overdoing it. At least find out who he is and sort of if he is really the kind of lad you like. Find out if you have anything in common other than "yaaaa he's kinda hot".

I think you look extra extra shy to him.

Edited by Garcon1986
  • Author
mysteriouschic
From what you've described, you've never had a conversation with him longer than a few seconds? Would you go into a canoeing club and stand in one corner and be a wallflower, and refuse to say anything other than a few words to the other canoers because you are too shy? It applies here too. I know the female urge to be coy and shy to increase attractiveness, but you are way overdoing it. At least find out who he is and sort of if he is really the kind of lad you like. Find out if you have anything in common other than "yaaaa he's kinda hot".

I think you look extra extra shy to him.

He's a quiet guy also shy . Said hiya to him in the morning he said hi whatsup etc . But we actually spent lunch together unplanned wasn't the just us alone one other got to know him more where he's He was saying stuff what his brother does jockey talking about it . And mentioned I asked about his accent where was from . I told him it was nice. He brought up having a donkey at home joking about the noise it makes when you walk by when mentioned I saw some the other day in the country where my mum moved to we were joking about the donkey he had. Just like doesn't know why he has a donkey etc . Spoke about food dislikes and he saying what he liked . I think it was all around good conversation. Getting more comfortable around each other I think . Does it sound like it went well?

Edited by mysteriouschic