My wife of 10 years left me

Yeah I have no choice but to stay away she said she wants something different so I don’t wanna get in the way of that I know I have to worry about myself I’m gone take a couple months away from this whole thing I know it’s not gone be easy but she is already seeing and having sex with other guys so I know it’s over

I asked her last time I talked did she wanna get the divorce and she said not really

Judge her actions, not her words. That's true with anyone, especially partners.

I believe her when she says she doesn't want a divorce: she wants the convenience of having intimacy with another man while being married to you and having your income to fall back on.

But ask yourself, is that a marriage? Is that what you want? Is that what you want your children to see? Do you want your children to see their father abused? Do you want your children to believe that marriage is cheating, lying, and backing out on commitments?

It's not fair to you, but since your ex won't do it, you're going to have to be the adult in the house here. You're going to have to take control of the situation by taking control of your affairs. Anyone who's followed me over the years - as fugu and as my previous incarnation - knows that I frequently push back about rushing to divorce court until you know it's final, but this is clearly a textbook example of a marriage that needs to end - end it on YOUR terms. For the good of everyone...including her, because who knows, maybe she'll grow up one day.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah I have no choice but to stay away she said she wants something different so I don’t wanna get in the way of that I know I have to worry about myself I’m gone take a couple months away from this whole thing I know it’s not gone be easy but she is already seeing and having sex with other guys so I know it’s over

I asked her last time I talked did she wanna get the divorce and she said not really

Correct, she wants to try out her other man first before she makes a final decision to dump you in case he doesn't work out.

Your wayward wife is a want not a need. You need to have more respect for yourself. Is this someone you'd really want in your life long term?

• Author
Correct, she wants to try out her other man first before she makes a final decision to dump you in case he doesn't work out.

Your wayward wife is a want not a need. You need to have more respect for yourself. Is this someone you'd really want in your life long term?

We don’t talk nomore I changed my phone number she told me that we have nothing to talk about so I said ok well she can’t call me now so I’m in NC to try to move on

• Like 2
We don’t talk nomore I changed my phone number she told me that we have nothing to talk about so I said ok well she can’t call me now so I’m in NC to try to move on

Dude what about your kids?